Part 20

Seokjin

Sunday evening, time to go back to hell. I wore my earphone pretending I was listening to music so I can easily get away with Taehyung just in case he started ranting. Well, even if he had barely any idea that I went out with Namjoon, I believe he still has something to scold me about.

As I went in from the front door, I smiled at the maid who opened the door for me.  From the corner of my eye, I already saw Taehyung sitting on the couch reading a book. I went straight to my bedroom without even glancing at him.

I shut the door behind me and started unpacking things from my backpack. Eomma even packed Jap Chae and Gimbap for me to eat. I also requested for a disposable chopsticks. I think this is better than to eat downstairs where Taehyung can see me.

Then a knock on the door. Maybe Chanri already knew that I arrived. She always comes to my room whenever I arrived from home. I opened the door and was surprised by the person in front of me.

"Goodevening Mr. Kim." I greeted him, trying to avoid his angry gaze. He is always glaring at me, no big deal. I went in expecting him to follow. I looked behind me but no Taehyung. I waited for a while but still. What's wrong with this psycho? He needs to be carried to come in?

I went back and found him on the same spot where I left him. "Sir please come in. I'm sorry I forgot to ask you."

"Where have you been?" He asked with his famous expressionless face, he's still not coming in.

"Home?" He knew I came from home right? Why the question?

"Friday night." He said with his stern voice.

"Sir I think I said I will go home. Sorry sir but I do ask for your permission that I will go home." Lies.

"So how far was my house from yours and you arrived home at 2 in the morning?" Fuck! How did he know? Oh shit! Seulgi! How come I forgot about her?

"I met with Namjoon." Well, I'm already caught lying. Might as well tell the truth?

He smirked, "So you lied?"

I gather myself up. I am so fed up with him being so commanding. "But sir, do I really have to tell you who I am going out with?"

His brows furrowed. "I'm asking you if you lied."

"Yes sir, i lied." Wow! Bravo Jin! You made it.

I saw him grith his teeth. He's angry and ready to bite. I'm prepared.

"What did you say?!" He said with his angry tone.

"I lied sir. You asked me to stay with Chanri but I already scheduled a meet up with Namjoon. So I need to lie so I can get out." I'm so so proud of myself.

"How dare you lie to me Kim Seokjin! I hate liars!" He barked at me.

"But sir, if I  tell you that I will go out with Namjoon, will you allow me? You won't right?" I saw how surprised he was on how bold I am to him. "Sir, if you're treating me like that because I vomit on your signature suit, kindly please deduct it from my salary.  And Mr. Kim, as far as i can remember, I think I'm allowed to go out with my friends as long as Chanri is asleep. The only thing forbidden is me inviting friends that are not in your list. I did not invite Namjoon over sir. And I can't remember that there's a rule that I should inform you about who I am with and where I am going. So I think I did not violate any of your rules sir. I just practiced my human rights." I said, so casually without stuttering, fighting over his angry stares. But deep inside, I'm nervous.

I saw his hand formed into a fist. Will he really knock me out? My hands started to shake. But then he let out a sigh and turned his back away from me. I watched him went inside his bedroom. Is that Kim Taehyung? I'm expecting that he will degrade me and say many unimaginable hurtful words towards me. But instead, he walked away? Is that really my rigid angry boss?

"Am I too harsh? Bad Seokjin. Your eomma did not raise you to disrespect your boss." I said to myself as I suddenly felt guilty on what i have done. I closed the door behind me.

Taehyung

Did he really said that? Is he so fed up with me being so possessive he just slapped those words on my face? Where did he got the courage to say that? Is that Namjoon taught him how to disrespect me? I thought as I walk back and forth my bedroom running my fingers through my hair. I reached for my phone.

Taehyung: Kook! Drink?

Jungkook: Seriously? On a Sunday evening?

Taehyung: At my bar.

I dropped the call. I changed my clothes and went straight out of my bedroom. Surprisingly, I saw Seokjin at the hallway. It looks like he wanted to say something. I waited for him to talk. I think we stared at each other for a good minute. No words. As much as I wanted to straddle him in bed, I turned my back and went down the stairs and to my car and sped off.

Jungkook laughed when I told him what Seokjin said. He can't speak as he was laughing so hard. "Can you please stop it Kook?"

"Good Lord, I can't imagine your reaction when he said that! How could a very soft spoken polite boy tamed an angry tiger like you?"

Yes, how could he?

"How did you control your anger? I'm curious. It's so unlikely that you can control your anger. Don't tell me you're getting serious?"

I don't know.

"So Heegi is out of the picture?" Jungkook asked. Heegi, I almost forgot about her. If Jungkook did not bring out her name, I think I will not remember her anymore.

I nodded.

"Finally. Good for you." Jungkook said as he proposed a toast. "So it's Seokjin?"

I gulped down a glass of hard cocktail and signal the bartender for a fourth glass. Jungkook smirked. "Don't drown yourself hyung. Just admit it. It will not make you less of a man. I actually like it that finally, you're picking up and putting the pieces back again. I think five long years of making yourself stupid and closing yourself from people around you is enough. You've suffered too much."

I honestly do not know what to say. I think I did not speak any word tonight. I just need someone to talk to and alcohol to put me to sleep.