30th October 2014

30th October 2014

Matt: Morning, beautiful.

Anah: Morning, Matt.

Matt: I have a question for you.

Anah: And I have so many questions for you, too.

Matt: I’ll trade you a question for a question. Within reason. Nothing about my identity. Deal?

Anah: Deal. Who gets to go first?

Anah: That wasn’t my question, by the way. That was for clarification purposes only.

Matt: Yeah, I got that, Babe. You go first.

Anah: Oh, right…

Anah: Actually, you go first. I have too many questions and can’t think of which one to ask.

Matt: Ok. You and Drew. What happened?

Anah: You want to talk about my ex?

Matt: Yeah. Kinda.

Anah: What if I don’t want to talk about him?

Matt: Then I shall respect that, and you don’t have to tell me a thing.

Anah: Will the Cliff Notes version do for now?

Matt:  Look, Anah… You don’t have to if you don’t want to.

Anah: No, it’s cool. You’ve probably heard most of the rumors anyway, so what I’m about to say won’t come as that much of a shock.

Anah: Before I can explain Drew, there’s a little back story you need to know.

Anah: There was another boy before Drew. This other guy… I’d liked him for years. And I mean years. Anyway, that guy didn’t know I existed. You know how it is when you’re the less beautiful twin…

Anah: It was the day after I’d given up on the other guy, and I was sitting out on the football field, crying pathetically, when Drew came running over to see if I was ok.

Anah: My defenses were down and he was being all sweet and charming and Drew-like that I instantly said ‘yes’ when he asked me out.

Anah: For future reference- never actually date the rebound guy.

Matt: Like you’ll ever get the chance to have a rebound guy again. You’re mine and I am not letting you go.