Special Pet Part 56

Meanwhile, Lioslay takes tulip to the Vet. They want her to be able to stay in her Pet Walker longer so she can do more things with her friends.

    Tulip is very tame, so she doesn't need to be put to sleep for her examination. The Vet carefully examines the small handicapped pet human. They check her eyes, ears, teeth, heartbeat and vitals, as well as samples from different parts of her body. "You look good, Tulip," the Vet tells her gently. Tulip smiles happily. 

    "I'm so glad to hear that!" Lioslay exclaims. "I would like her to be able to stay in her Pet Walker for longer periods of time. Is this possible?"

    "Of course, Lioslay! Let me examine her legs and get some images of the insides of them," the Vet says, looking at Tulip's medical files. The little pet has had several surgeries in the past before Lioslay bought her.

    The Vet picks up a scanner and scans Tulip's legs with it. The scanner is built inside a stuffed animal so that it doesn't frighten the pets and is comfortable for them. The examination table is also so and fluffy. It is cleaned with a device that shampoos it and washes and dries it in only ten minutes. The pet humans love the feel of it.

    Tulip's legs have very weak muscles and several deformities

    Tulip's legs have very weak muscles and several deformities. "I could do a surgical procedure on her legs which would enable her to stay in her Pet Walker for longer periods of time," the Vet says. 

    "What a wonderful idea!" Lioslay exclaims. "When can she have it done?"

    "Oh, we can do it right away," the Vet says. 

    Tulip understands enough of the conversation to get frightened. She starts crying. 

    Lioslay carefully picks up Tulip and holds her, petting her sofly. "What's wrong Tulip?" They ask gently, having the Vet hold her communication book within easy reach for her to answer the question. 

    Tulip looks at the symbols. She hands the Vet sleep, hurt, scared, and legs.

    "Tulip, you'll be okay. You'll get better. Tulip, you'll be able to walk more in your walker and play with your friends more. It's okay, Tulip," the tries to reassure her, petting her sofly. 

    "Tulip, it's okay, Sweetie," Lioslay says, petting her sofly. 

    Still crying, Tulip reaches for the legs and hurt symbols. 

    "Tulip, it's okay. I'll give you medicine. You'll feel better. It's okay, Tulip," the Vet tells her gently. Tulip nods her head slowly, still looking frightened. 

    "If you'll leave her here with me I'll do the surgery for her," the Vet says. 

    "That would be wonderful," Lioslay says. Both Lioslay and the Vet are certain that the surgery is safe and will yield positive results. 

    Tulip is fed a cookie with sleeping medicine in it with milk to drink. Lioslay holds her and pets her softly while she falls asleep. 

    The Vet operates on Tulip's legs once they have her under full anesthesia. Everything goes well, and Tulip wakes up later on in bed covered with soft, warm blankets. She is not in any pain.