Special Pet Part 15

The aliens return home with Margaret. Quigor gently carries the pet inside the house. Margaret is placed in the bathroom with a nightgown to put on.

    After she is finished, Quigor picks her up and carries her to bed. Margaret is frightened and upset when she realizes she is going to bed.

    "No!" She cries remembering being trapped in bed by the forcefield last night. She hadn't understood why she couldn't get out of bed and it terrified her. And then there had been the shock of seeing Nyqota in the morning.

    Margaret jumps up and runs away as soon as Quigor puts her down. She runs inside the first open door she can find. She finds a closet in the room and quickly dashes inside to hide.

    Quigor comes out of the bedroom looking for Margaret. "Mother, did you see which way the pet went?" Quigor asks.

    "No, dear, I didn't," Nyqota answers.

    There aren't too many rooms unlocked since Margaret gets into everything. Quigor and Nyqota quickly search them all until Quigor finds the pet.

    "No!" Margaret cries, crouching down as her owner picks her up.

     Quigor doesn't understand why the human is so frightened.

    "It's okay, Margaret," Quigor says, petting her and holding her gently.

    "May I hold her? I know how to calm her down," Quigor's Mother asks.

    "Yes, you can hold her," Quigor says carefully handing the frightened pet to their Mother.

    Nyqota finds a blanket and gently wraps Margaret in it. She carries the human to the living room and gently rocks her until she is calm and sleepy. She waits until the pet is half asleep and then carries her to bed, gently laying her down. She then closes the bedroom door quietly.

    "Thank you, Mother! You're very good at that!" Quigor says gratefully.

    Margaret falls asleep peacefully until morning.

    Nyqota picks Margaret up and carries her to the bathroom in the morning. Quigor hadn't used the forcefield last night, but they had kept thier door locked and carried the pet to the bathroom during the night.

    Once the pet is clean and dressed Nyqota carries her to her highchair while Quigor makes breakfast for everyone.

    "Thank you for getting my pet ready Mother," Quigor says.

     "You're welcome, dear. What are you making us for breakfast?" Nyqota asks.

    "Palasha. (Plant cubes.) Margaret is having scrambled eggs," Quigor answers.

    "Oh, that sounds delicious," Nyqota replies.

    Margaret watches them both closely, wondering what they are talking about. Soon her food is ready. She happily eats her scrambled eggs and drinks her orange juice.