Making the Dent (8)

Making the Dent

   "I want answers, Hans. Find them at once, or you will have to deal with me, understand?" Julian threatens the lycanthrope through the phone.

"I will personally find them, my king."

"Good. Now go pay Jag a visit. I have unfinished business with him that needs to be cleared by midnight." He disconnects the call without further explanation.

Julian isn't a man of patience. He doesn't like that Hades have his eyes set on Alyssa, and he doesn't know the real reason why. It couldn't be because she's able to hold the Katana of Selene without disappearing into the Underworld. He's able to do the same. What does Hades really want from her?

Julian's hunger for answers ends when he sees Alyssa holding Brandon's hand in a carefree manner. The love shows in her violet eyes that are covered by her hazel colored contacts. The students pass him with caution as he continues to stare at the entwined hands of her with that human. She's shadowed by her own lies. She acts like the possibility to be normal is a reality that can be achieved. Her act is easy to see pass. He knows her for who she really is. She's a betrayer.

Her eyes meet his. The connection is inevitable, but as his revulsion for her shows, so does her anger. She pulls away from Brandon's grip, ignoring his pleas, and jogs across the parking lot to stop in front of him.

"Is there something you needed?" He rudely asks.

"Yes, I do." She takes a step closer to him without fear. "I want you to stay away from me and my friends."

"Your presence doesn't please me either."

"What are you doing? Are you trying to hurt me by hurting the ones I love?"

"Love is a powerful word. You know nothing about it." He states.

"I know that you were the one who attacked Jim."

He crosses his arm. "A man never lets a woman fight his own fights."

"Jim is more of a man than you'll ever be!" She yells out.

He uncrosses his arms and takes a large step toward her, his body pressing against hers. He can practically smell the fear radiating off of her. "I would think before talking to me in that manner. I'll let you off with a warning, Alyssa. Don't let it repeat again."

She takes a step back, shaking her head. "I don't know what game you started, Julian, but I'm not playing. Stay away from us." She walks off toward Brandon and doesn't look back. She meant every word. She's doesn't want to play his game. Too bad that she doesn't have a choice.

Alyssa spends hours talking to Jim. His company is sweet in many ways. "What do you want to do, Jim-Jam?" She teases him with the nickname she gave him when their friendship took a toll.

"Rest. I'm tired of watching endless LMN movies."

"LMN movies are the best. How can you get tired of it?"

"Most of the movies are based off psychopathic women who kill men for joy." He rests his head on the pillow. "It's the show 'Cheaters' meets 'Deadly Women', except these women are actually attractive."

"That doesn't even make sense."

"What? That the women with a serious case of insanity are hot?" He raises his eyebrow at her.

"Not that. You know what I'm talking about."

"It makes sense if you think about it."

"I am thinking about it."