Annalisa (20)

Annalisa

Miranda has her mind set. Annalisa is the only one who can locate the lost transcript. She might also be the only one who can stop the war that has been predicted by the Oracle of Delphi. The prediction of Julian's true death. If only Annalisa would appear out of thin air it would make everything so much easier. What if Annalisa is not even living? No, that can't be possible because Julian has come back from the land of the dead as an Immortal. Annalisa is connected to Julian so that would mean that she's alive as well.

There's an empty whole in everything she comes to find though. Gabriel had given Alyssa to the Keepers while she was a child, but Alyssa only remembers her mortal life and the Keepers only had her for eighteen years. How is it possible for Alyssa to be over four centuries old and be a child for so long, and then age like a mortal when given to the Keepers? It doesn't make sense. Can it be some kind of spell or enchantment created by Selene? No, that can't be it because that would mean that Selene is alive when that's not the case. But it could mean that maybe there's another descent alive that is hidden from everyone.

She paces back and forth in the cheap hotel room. The heat is killer. She has been sweating like a pig since her arrival. She's waiting for a call from her informant. Before she can go and discuss her findings with Alyssa, she needs to at least find the Dagger of Selene, the same dagger that Alyssa once used to kill Julian. If she finds that dagger, it could awaken the old Annalisa if she proves to not be correct. Miranda can feel that she's correct though. Her suspicions have validity. That would be a great fear and relief. If she finds that Alyssa isn't Annalisa, then Julian will be free to love without any resentment, but it will also mean that Annalisa is alive and in hiding.

The Adviser Elim just hopes that the Oracle of Delphi is mistaken by her vision of a war approaching. Her hopes will fall too short. The Oracle of Delphi is never wrong. She can't let Julian die in a useless war. Especially when she doesn't know the reason for the war to begin with.

A loud chime interrupts her thoughts. She answers her new blackberry phone. The caller ID has 'unknown' written across the screen. That's him. The call she's been waiting for.

"Hello?" She greets in a rush.

"You can locate it." He whispers too low for any mortal to hear, but she can hear him perfectly fine as an Immortal.

Her eyes widen with anticipation. "Tell me what you have found."

"I found someone who knows for a fact that the Dagger of Selene is hidden beneath the dirt where King Julian fell." That would mean that she would have to go to the land where Julian once died four hundred years ago. That's her advantage. She already suspected this so she flew out of the states to fly across the continents to be close to the kingdom that no longer stands. She just needed the confirmation.

"Is your source reliable?" She asks him as she runs out of the small hotel and into her rental car that has seen better days, decades ago.

"Very reliable. Apparently, my source was there at the time of King Julian's fall and has confirmed it. My informant is in hiding and out of King Julian's eyes. Apparently they have debts to be paid."

She nods to no one with understatement. "I understand. Do you exactly where the dagger is located?"

"King Julian's fall was in his chambers."

"I think I know where it is. Well, thank you. You will receive your reward in thirty-two hours. Disappear. Throw the phone away and move out of the continent you're in. That's an order. Goodbye."

Miranda clicks her phone and disconnects the call. This warlock may be a good informant, but he is injudicious. He has a loose tongue and if he so much as speaks about his findings he'll be as good as dead at Hades' realm. That was one of the conditions she put him on. He had to swear an oath on Hades and ask for death if he so much as opens that dirty mouth of his.