Ankh-Life (24)

Ankh-Life

   "There's still no sign of her?" Julian runs his fingers through his dark hair as he leans on his motorcycle while talking to Miranda.

"The God has his senses open for her, but she hasn't appeared." The sadness in her voice is clear.

It's been over five months since Alyssa has disappeared into the portal. Annalisa slipped one day and told them that Alyssa will never be found because Selene gave her a gift of transporting through the portals. Everyone was shocked at the revelation because no one has gone through the portals and ever appeared again. The myth about the portals is clear. Once you go in, you can't come out, but if Alyssa has done that before, then that would mean that she can come out at any time. That thought gives them all hope to keep searching.

Miranda ties her strawberry blonde hair up into a ponytail. "How's Annalisa doing?" She asks him.

"Yenta called some of her contacts to have them control the others who also possess her body."

"Is there luck?"

Julian shakes his head. "No, she's getting worst."

"At least Dicordia is out of her. Dias has Dicordia locked up so there's no way that she'll possess another body. Has Annalisa said anything about Alyssa?"

"The little time she gains her control we try, but every time we mention her, she just cries. Annalisa won't be helping anyone find Alyssa. Well, as long as we find Merlin. If we find Merlin, then we can use him against her."

Miranda takes a seat on his motorcycle. "You need to rest Julian. Forget about the war and Alyssa for a few hours." It's a lot to ask of him, but he needs it.

"I can't do that. The blood oath made a connection with her. Not knowing if she's dead, or alive, is driving me to my own insanity. The war is just making everything worst."

She lays her hand on his shoulder in understanding. The war has been unexpected on all of them, except her. She sees the horror of the Heavens and the Underworld as they all prepare to go into war. The God blames Julian for his heir's disappearance, and since Julian has Underworlders as his Loyals and Followers, he declared war on the Underworld. To her surprise, Hades is backing up Julian. She doesn't think too much on it since it's probably Persephone's causing. The Underworld Goddess has a strange soft spot for Julian, but she can't find a reason for her to be.

Miranda lives in fear of the events that's slowly unfolding. Everyone prepares for a war that can kill millions of mortals and Immortals, and Alyssa is still nowhere to be found.

Alyssa walks down the Egyptian desert they have created with their minds. Her Uncle Astator walks beside her in his usual black suit and top hat unlike her plain sweat suit. She still can't believe how a man who is hated, and seems evil to the community, is so gentle with her. He tries to scare her, but he doesn't pull it off like he did before.

"I am dangerous."

"You don't seem like it." She teases him.

"You want me to show you?" His bright red eyes glare at her, trying to make her see fear.

She puts her hand to her chest and gasps in fake horror. "Is this the part where I run from the big bad demon and manifest him into a small white, fluffy bunny that can fit in my purse?"

He rolls his eyes, a gesture she has taught him. "You sure are irritating."

"But you love me." She argues.

He walks without looking at her. "You also assume too much for your own good."

"You should just admit that you love me. I'm your favorite niece."