Revelations (9)

Revealtions

   Alyssa opens her eyes. Her eyes narrow at the blurry objects that surround her.

"Hey, are you alright?"

Her eyes focus on the figure that looms over her. It takes a couple of seconds before she can make out Jim standing over her. "Jim?"

"I'm guessing you had a hangover last night." He rhetorically states more than asks. "Here take this." He hands her a glass of water and a small white pill.

"Thanks." She swallows them both without much of a fight.

"Do you want to tell me what happened last night?"

"I don't remember."

Jim takes a seat next to her on her bed. "Really? Because it had to be something unforgettable since I had to open the door to Julian carrying you."

"Julian? Are you sure?"

"He didn't say much. He just took you to your room and then took your car." He explains.

She sits up abruptly. "He took my car?" She regrets her movement. Her head spins from her hangover. "Ow." She presses her fingers against her temple.

"Just lay down for a while." He suggests. "Your car's parked in the garage. He must have brought it back earlier in the morning."

"Good." She lies back down.

"So do you remember what happened?"

Alyssa frowns. What did happen? That's when the memories of the previous night rushes into her mind like a vision. She remembers dancing with Ian. Then Julian appeared and dragged her into the alley. He kissed her. Then he told her something. What was it? What did he tell her that was so important?

"You remember, don't you?" She nods. "Do you want to talk about it?" She shakes her head. "Do you want me to call Brandon?"

"No, I'm fine. I'm just tired." She finally finds her voice.

He presses his lips to her forehead. "Alright. I'll let you sleep." She grabs his hand before he's out of reach. "What's wrong?" He asks her.

She's unsure why, but she wants him to stay with her. She needs Jim. "Lay down with me? Please?" She practically begs.

"Sure."

Jim lies down beside her. His arms feel good as they wrap around her waist. Without much thought, her eyes close. Sleep takes over her almost instantly, but numbers appear before her dream does. 1567.

Julian stares at the Gem of Nephthys. The edges are rough, but the surface is smooth. The dark green color has specks of light green that's shaping around the stone. The stone is about two inches wide. He gently places the stone inside the heart-shaped locket. This will hide the stone from view. He hides the necklace inside the mirror. The mirror was a gift from the Goddess Caledonia herself.

His phone vibrates. He answers it as he closes the small portal hidden between the glasses of the mirror. A portal he cannot enter himself.

"Julian?"

"What's going on Miranda?"

"Gabriel knows. He has heard that you told Alyssa the truth about your fall."

"I don't think she remembers."

"That is not of importance. He has a meeting with the God. They are deciding on plans of action towards her."

"What are they planning on doing to her?"

"I do not know Julian, but it must be life changing. The God never conducts a meeting without importance."