Four Year Later (1)

Four Years Later...

   "Oh, you can do better than that." Brandon Vinson whines.

Alyssa Pike just smiles. "What do you want me to say?" She asks to her best friend, who's behind the camera.

"Let me think... It's our senior year. You won National's first place for DECA on the Community Service Project. You're head of Prom committee. You also got accepted to Yale. You can do better than 'it's been a good year'. C'mon, this will be in the year book video. Add some excitement." He winks at her.

"Fine, Brady." Alyssa runs her fingers through her long, light brown, hair. She puts on a big smile for the camera like she always does. "I'm so excited! This has been the greatest year of my life. I'm going to treasure all these memories and take them to Yale with me. I'm a Viking forever!" She cheers a stereotypical 'V' like a cheerleader. Brandon turns off the camera as Alyssa slams her locker shut. She can't pretend to be happy when all she can think about is how much work she needs to get done for prom. Too many things to do and so little time.

"Was that better?" She asks him.

"Much. Although I think you overdid it with the mini cheer routine." They both laugh at the image of her as a cheerleader. "Hey, want to grab a bite before hitting the road?" He asks her with a slim smile.

"Yeah, let's go to the diner, no Mexican food for you." She grabs her small BFMV bag and walks alongside him.

"But those are the best."

"Not when I have to share a hotel room with you."

"You have no taste in food. You eat like a fish."

"Are you sure you don't have some kind of Spanish heritage?"

"Nope. I'm all Irish."

"Let me know when you find that pot of gold, okay?"

"I found it." He throws his arm around her. "It's called Lucky Charms."

"Whatever. Do you have the tickets?" She waves a silent goodbye to a few students that seek her attention. Her smile never falters.

"In the car."

"What car did you rent?"

"A Chevy truck. I had to because you like to travel with big suitcases. I think they're filled with rocks."

"I do not!" She punches him lightly. "I just have a lot of work to do."

"Forget everything that's going on and have fun this weekend, will you? You're starting to act like my mom."

"Well she's a Victoria Secret model. She must be busy all year long. By the way, where is she now?"

"She's in the Caribbean somewhere. It's her last shoot. She's leaving modeling for fashion design."

"That means that she'll be spending more time at home?"

"More time with my dad." He wrinkles his nose in disgust. "They still go at it. They're too old for it. I had to crash at your place last night because they were being too loud."

"Oh, so that's why I found you under my bed this morning."

"No, you found me under the bed because you decided to kick me off the bed."

"I don't remember that."

"I do. I hit my arm on the edge of your bed stand. I even have the bruise for it." He takes a step back and slowly lifts the cuffs of his green, long sleeve, shirt that matches his eyes. The edges of the mark are a faded green color while the actual mark is a pale purple.