Along the Lines (2)

Along the Lines

Brandon and Alyssa are surrounded. Rock fans that clearly show on their clothing, screams fill their ears. The two best friends move to the front. There are no lights, other than the one from stage of course. She can easily tell how much this band affects the crowd. So far she's heard nothing, but greatness, to be expected of the concert. That's why the tickets were a little over ninety dollars. These tickets are more expensive than Warped Tour.

She raises her hands above her head and screams along with the crowd as the guitarist begins his solo. "Who's this band?" She screams over the dark clothed crowd. She was never one to like the rock fashion, but she can see how expressive it is. The style is refreshing.

"Trivium!" He doesn't take his eyes off the stage. He nods to the metalcore music. They hold hands and become another member of the crowd. The dark sounds are enticing. The power of destruction is like an adrenaline rush to her. It's the only type of music she can connect to. The lyrics that describe an unfair life, a betrayal, even broken love, is what she needs. It's like a therapeutic treatment for her. With each verse, she knows that there are others who suffer more. She's not alone. She'll never be alone in that aspect.

Trivium is replaced with another band. Alyssa gasps. The lead singer observes the crowd with narrowed eyes, and a grace of a queen. She can feel the pull to this strange woman. A pull she shouldn't have. The woman walks upstage and just stands. Everyone stays silent. She has on a beautiful ivory gown that flows magically as the wind greets her. Her midnight moon hair color is to be admired from afar. The length passes her knees in perfect waves. Her eyes are vacant as the crowd observes her. She is the image of a vengeful angel ready to strike.

A haunting melody starts. Then all you hear is the sound of several women creating a melody that has everyone dazed. The horror of the song, the tension is so beautiful. The lead singer falls down to her knees as she hears the invisible women sing that tragic melody. Her wavy hair falls in front of her face, shielding her from curious eyes.

"Wow." Alyssa whispers. She tries to take a step forward, but the lead singer lifts her head to stare straight at her. She knows it's not her imagination. It can't be.

"In my dreams you appear as a nightmare.

You dark my thoughts with every turn, every turn I take.

I don't sleep at night because you're haunting me."

Alyssa is being pulled into a trance. She starts to repeat each word that the woman sings. The singer's silver eyes never leave her violet ones. So it appears.

"Will I ever let you go?

Will you ever stop haunting my dreams?"

Alyssa questions herself.

"Let me break free from my reality.

I don't want to die knowing you're not here.

I gave you my heart; I left my soul to rot to you.

I gave you everything, everything.

The chains I have on are all of dead memories.

Still beating alive.

You left me to die; you left my heart to stop beating.

I have lived for a long time.

Centuries have passed me through the decades,

With the feel of your touch still keeping me here.

The kingdom you once lead long ago to destruction