Epilogue

Epilogue

It's been six weeks. Six whole weeks since they lost their beloved Alyssa. The ones most affected are Julian, Miranda, and Dias. Gabriel was affected as well, but only because Miranda was. She feels guilty for not stopping Alyssa from sacrificing herself to stop the war. The guilt is eating at her, but she knows it's not her fault. She didn't know everything. She didn't know Alyssa was the Sacrifice.

Dias was mourning in his own way. A way most of the realm didn't approve of. Hera didn't demand things from him, and his children all stayed clear of him. Anyone within reach, he avenged. Now Dias has become the same as he's always been. It's as if nothing happened.

Six weeks has passed since that day. Julian doesn't know how to deal with the loss. All he's done after burying Alyssa is ride his motorcycle through rough neighborhoods and pick fights with anyone. Of course he always won. No one can beat King Julian. She doesn't know how to help him. As much as she wants to tell him something to cure his broken heart, she can't say anything. The thought of losing the one you love is the worst torture that anyone can face.

Miranda has been sitting in a chair, looking out the window. How can she sleep knowing that Julian is out there? He's probably destroying everything in his path to mend his hurt over his loss. She's in Gabriel's home living like a couple they were always meant to be while Julian disappears into the night, contacting no one. But brings fear to the public all the same.

"You won't be able to sit here day and night." Gabriel states as he kneels in front of her. He grabs her hands between his. "You can't do this to yourself any longer."

Miranda's blonde hair is messy and her eyes are vacant. "Let me be, Gabriel." Her old form of English has returned to her native tongue.

"It's been six weeks, Miranda. I can't let you do this to yourself."

"She is dead because of me. I did not stop her when I saw her."

"She made her own choice."

She cries out to him with anger. "Julian has disappeared. No one has heard of him."

"Time will mend him." He comforts her.

"You do not understand. Alyssa meant everything to Julian and now she is gone. She is dead. Now Julian is dead too. His heart died the minute Alyssa died. No one is alive without their heart."

"Miranda-"

She abruptly stands up and cuts him off. "I need fresh air." With that, she leaves him kneeling by her chair.

Miranda doesn't know what exactly drove her to drive to Alyssa's house, but she did. She notices how normal the Pike house looks. The grey mini cooper Alyssa drove is parked on the driveway. The lights are on to illuminate the doorway. The night air sounds so calming and light. It's as if Alyssa still lived here. Like nothing has changed.

She guesses that's how Julian wanted all of Alyssa's things. Untouched like the artifacts of a museum.

Miranda opens the door with a hidden key. The house is too quiet for her like, but she knows it's normal. No one lives here other than Julian. She knows he does because his scent lingers around the home.

She makes her way to the stairs. There's pictures' hanging on the wall on her way up, pictures of Alyssa. Miranda notices how happy she looks in those pictures. She was so free of care of immortality with her friends surrounding her. So alive.

Miranda closes her eyes as she sees a picture of Julian and Alyssa across the wall of Alyssa's room. The picture seems old, but good. Alyssa smiles as Julian just tries to. He wasn't one for pictures, and he never showed emotions, so she understands why he looks uncomfortable in the picture.

She turns around facing Alyssa's bedroom door. Miranda knows she shouldn't, but she needs to see Alyssa's room. It's like closure for her. She's learned to love Alyssa like a sister. The thought of her never coming back is too much to take, even with the time that's passed.

Her pale fingertips softly turn the knob, but half way the silver knob finishes turning itself. The door opens as she comes face to face with Annalisa.

Annalisa and Alyssa look the exact copy of each other, but Miranda could easily tell them apart. They have different styles of hair and different shades of purple in their eyes.

Confused, Miranda speaks. "Annalisa?"

Annalisa brings her index finger to her lips. "Ssshhh. I'm not Annalisa."