Entrapment (12)

Entrapment

   Miranda paces back and forth in front of Gabriel in the bedroom of his loft. Her strawberry blonde hair is up in a lose ponytail. "I can't pretend that everything is okay. Gabriel, you know exactly what Julian is capable of." She stops her pacing to face him. Her icy blue eyes bore into his dark blue ones to show her worry. She has a bad feeling on everything surrounding her. It's a feeling that won't go away. She needs to figure out what her mind is trying to analyze before it's too late.

He smirks with amusement. "You're finally learning how to properly speak in this era." He proudly comments.

She frowns at him with no amusement showing in her eyes. "Don't change the subject." Miranda fixes the fallen strap of her pink tank top.

He sighs. "Julian is dangerous. I'll admit that, but he'll not strike against Alyssa without us knowing. We have the Elim Guards surrounding her and the area she's in. Nothing will happen to her."

"He called a battle against us." She points out. "If he follows through with that, he could kill one of us." She knows it in her heart that it's true. Julian is capable of murder and so much more. If only anyone would listen to her worries without thinking it's just an exaggeration.

Gabriel appears before her and lays his hands on her shoulder in a gentle caress only a lover can have. She meets his eyes with a sad glint in hers. "I'd never let anything happen to you, Miranda." His words comfort her, but it isn't enough to calm her. She can feel it in her. Nothing good can come out of this situation without stopping it before it happens.

She lowers her eyes to the floor in concentration. "I'm not afraid of dying. I already did that." She looks up to his eyes to try to find any regret from him. Like millions of times before, she doesn't find anything in them. She ignores the falling hope she feels. "I'm afraid he'll do something he'll regret later. He's already done so much harm throughout the centuries without Alyssa. Now she's involved, and it's becoming worst. He's changing. How can I stop him from doing more damage than he's done?"

He shakes her. To a human a shake like that would harm them, but she's stronger than humans. It's one of the many advantages to Immortality. "You're being paranoid. You can't continue to protect him from punishment." He slowly raises his voice to get through to her.

"He's my friend." She contradicts his logic.

"Who doesn't care to call you an enemy." He points out in a cold voice.

She shakes her head in denial. She knows it's true. She protects Julian from many forms of punishment that's been placed on his head, but this time's different. There are many secrets that are being revealed. The more they're revealed, the more he could lose himself in it. The more he loses himself in those secrets, is when the fallen king he used to be will arise to try to claim his throne. "He's confused." She tries to justify the fallen king. "The king within him is rising from its grave. He's becoming his past life." She's trying to make the Authority Elim see her point of view.

Gabriel shakes his head at her nonsense. He runs his fingers through his dark hair before pulling away from her. He doesn't have time to talk about a fallen king who's throwing a tantrum. He walks to the dresser and looks into the mirror. His dark blue eyes are such a contradiction to her icy blue ones, but they're the same color all the same. They're just different shades. Something as simple as the color of eyes can show you the intentions of that person. He has an idea of what Miranda will do, but he'll ignore his gut feeling. He doesn't know if he should fight with her like they constantly do, or give into her. Julian is dangerous, but he's under control now. That's all that really matters. It's up to the God to make orders if he finds endangerment to his daughter. He sighs and grabs a clean white shirt from his redwood dresser; not bothering to listen to Miranda, knowing that what he'll chose will not please her.