Hades (17)

Hades

Julian walks back and forth in front of his fifteen, strongest and gifted, men. He can hear the level of breathing coming from Alyssa through the open window of her bathroom. He's made sure she was asleep before he rounded his men for his orders. The last thing he needs is for her to defy him in front of his men. He knows she's a heavy sleeper, and will sleep right through everything.

"I want every single square inch covered. No one goes in without my authorization, and no one gets out. If she tries to escape, I want you take any form of measurement to keep her inside for a few hours until I've talked to Hades. I'll let you all know when she's able to leave her house. Even when she does, I expect an every hour report, and have her surrounded at all times. If I somehow find any scratch on her, when under your supervision, I'll make sure that being trapped in the Underworld will never be your fear again when I finish with you. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, liege." They all say in unison.

"Good, now to your duties." He dismisses them with a wave of his hand. He stares forward to nothing in particular. "Transport me to the Underworld, Hades. I know you hear me." The flames of fire spread in a narrow line to him until it slowly consumes his body with flames. The smoke stings his skin, but doesn't burn like it usually does to those who transport into the Underworld. The red, yellow, and white flames are just an appearance, an illusion; the smoke is what truly burns.

The scenery changes to a red lighted room. The walls are ivory, but the lighting gives it a reddish color. The room is filled with imprints of skulls, and symbols that connect with Hades. On the ceiling hangs a chandelier covered in spider webs. The only reason why red is considered a devilish color is because it's the color of Hades' dark red eyes. Under dark lighting, his eyes look black, but that will never be the truth. Julian walks down the black carpet that leads him in front of Hades' throne of death. This is the place where he convicts souls to their fate in the Underworld. Hades sits on the throne that seems to be engulfed by flames of fire. The Underworld god smirks upon seeing Julian.

Hades' index finger thrums on the hand of his throne. "Well, if it isn't the fallen king. I've not seen you since your tragedy. My condolences to your love for your killer. Annalisa was her name, am I right?"

"I don't have time to deal with your twisted sarcasm, Hades. I want you to stay away from Alyssa." He threatens the God of the Underworld.

Hades ruffles his already messy long, raven black hair. "And why would I do that? She's my niece after all. She's also the heir of my brother Dias. I wonder if Athena or Aphrodite will accept that. Maybe Artemis will kill her before anyone else does. Dias has never announced an heir before. That causes uproar."

"Stay away from her Hades, or you'll not only face my rage, but Dias' as well."

"Your rage doesn't matter to me, and Dias' angered by almost everything. You've nothing to worry about me though. My intentions with Annalisa are almost saintly."

"Nothing about you is saintly."

Hades raises his eyebrow with amusement. "You give me too much credit. I have a good side."

"Hades, you're warned. I'll do whatever it takes to protect her."

"Protecting your own killer. What's our world coming to? Where's the evilness of revenge in your blood? I can smell it, but you never show it. It's such a disappointment." The God of the Underworld tsks at him with heavy sarcasm.

"Hades!" Persephone, Goddess of Harvest, and now Queen Persephone of the Underworld, appears on Hades' side.

Her red circlet of royalty is placed firmly on her forehead. Her ankle length, red-wine hair, is in a fish braid over her shoulder. It falls down in front of her, showing the thickest and longest hair she's never cut. A vine is wrapped on her upper arm like an arm bracelet. Her gown sparkles with each ray of light that hits it. Persephone's eyes are her best feature yet. Her eyes are as green as the leaves of crops of corn. Her slender figure shows how fragile she is, but her stance is always one of a goddess. She's as graceful and as kind as any nun could be, but when threatened, she's worse than Hades himself.