Confrontation (4)

Confrontation

   Julian rides his motorcycle to an abandon warehouse in Tokat, Turkey. Two hours away from where he's supposed to be. He parks his motorcycle outside the warehouse and walks in with determination.

Gabriel stands with all his glory in front of the cement wall in the corner. His gold wings flutter in warning. He's prepared. His chest is bare. His dark blue eyes are filled with fury. As the God's right hand man, his eyes show more of a warrior from the Underworld than that of the Heavens. Julian can tell he has 'more than done it' this time.

"I'm here." Julian announces sarcastically, not caring if they give him the death punishment or whatever he thinks they will give him. His care for life and death left the minute his humanity died. It's as simple as that.

"I can see." Gabriel is the Authority Elim. He's the closest to The God, or gods themselves. He's someone to fear, and if he talks personally to an Elim it's mostly because they have fallen. He would have their wings ripped apart, or just plain simple, be killed. "What you did tonight is undutiful in your part. Anna is your assigned child. You were never to leave her out of your sight, but you did otherwise and passed your time in a bar while Anna tried to commit suicide."

"My job is to guide her through her choices, not intercept them. I did what I had to do. I cannot be blamed for choices she decided to take upon herself." Julian's old English is slowly returning.

"Your job was to protect her. To not let anything happen to her, but you have proven you aren't worthy to be a Guardian, let alone an Elim."

Julian smirks at Gabriel. "What will you do? What is it you desire to do with me, Gabriel? I cannot be killed and I cannot fall. I have no soul to tarnish. What solution will you take upon me?" He's acting on pure impulse and in the world of the Heavens it is not permitted to insult a superior, especially the Authority Elim.

Gabriel doesn't smirk, but his eyes show his entertainment. "You are under the Heavens rules for as long as you breathe. You know that more than anyone."

"What are you getting at?" He's finally taking his superior seriously.

"That my means of punishment clearly have not spiked any fear on your part. It has not changed your mood or responsibility. So therefore, Julian, I have decided to renounce your assignment."

"Why don't you stick your stupid assignments up-" His modern English appears in rage. Julian doesn't finish his sentence as Gabriel attacks him. He's grabbed by the throat and smashed to the cement wall. Under the impact, the cement wall shows cracks.

"You will take the offer I am making you. You have no choice. You have any idea how fast I can snap your neck and take you to the Underworld myself? You may not be easily killed, but I will find a way. Give me a reason to make you suffer underground for eternity. Give me a damn reason to kill you slowly right now and have the satisfaction to see your blood run. It will be my purpose in life."

Julian doesn't back down. He was never one to take a threat, but even he knows when it's time to keep silent. It kills him to take orders because it's not in his nature to, but like Gabriel clearly stated, he has no choice. He may be strong, impulsive, rebellious, and a killer, but he is not stupid. Gabriel throws him like a rag doll with a flick of his wrist. His superior stands before him with winning eyes. Julian would like no more than to kill all those that work with the Heavens, but it wouldn't be worth it. If he ever takes his revenge into action he will make each individual suffer. He wouldn't be Julian if he didn't torture his victims.