Secret Coronation (16)

Secret Coronation

The walls are fractured to no end, but money will always reconstruct the structure. The Jag has been restored to belong to the fallen king. It looks nothing like it used to a few days ago. The Jag now resembles an abandoned mansion. The perimeter is surrounded by Underworlders, Followers, and Loyals. Each room, hallway, and bathroom, has been neatly decorated by the head of the mansion now. Her taste has a more elegant Roman look, but it has its twisted vision to it. The basement has been turned into a dungeon of hell. Any betrayers, or trespassers, will be placed there and then follow a series of torturous punishments that will slowly lead them to their ultimate death.

Julian is in the dungeon, the only place he can feel tranquility. He doesn't like the outcome of his blood oath. He knew better than to think that Dias' arrival would have something to do with him trying to kill his daughter twice. Dias always has more motives up his sleeves. How could he let that happen to Alyssa? He couldn't stop it even if he tried. Dias is her father by blood; she would have had to face the reality of what that would mean to her. She will one day gain her godship through her blood. Her Immortality will make her invincible once she has the title.

He glares at the bricks that have chipped into pieces by his cause. His anger is rising at the thought that Dias has named Alyssa as his heir. That may be an honor in its making, but that is not an honor that is convenient to her. She will be on the bridge of death every time she steps foot out of the Heavens' gates. She will never be seen as anything but a symbol of power. She will always be far from his reach. She will not need him as her Elim. She will have Gabriel as her Authority Elim and Miranda as her Adviser Elim.

One thought runs through his head like a broken film repeating the same scene over and over again. He is the enemy of the God of all Gods. If she becomes the Goddess of all Gods, she will become his enemy. He will be under her realm. He will be her servant. That sends his anger to rise even further. Dias has named her the one thing that can now separate them. How will he know where her loyalty stands when her will, will soon belong to the Heavens whether she likes it or not? How will he be with the enemy and still try to regain his throne?

"Julian?" Caledonia lays her hand gently on his shoulder in comfort.

"What is it you want Caledonia?"

"I want you to open up to me. I've always been here for you. I've stood by you since your awakening as a child. You know my secrets, I know yours. I was yours in body and mind. I deserve it."

"I need to be alone with my thoughts." He dismisses her.

Caledonia turns him around to face her. Her golden colored eyes sparkle from the ray of sun that comes from a shattered brick he's caused. "You asked me to be the head of this mansion with you. I have given you my loyalty as a payment for my liberation from Hades. I owe you much more than you're willing to accept. You may trust me with your fears, and thoughts."

"I fear no one. You know better than anyone."

"No, you don't fear, but you think of fear. I'm here as your consort if I need be."

"I thank you for your offer Caledonia, but it's not needed."

She nods in reluctance. "I understand, Julian. I'll be arranging dinner. I'll be in the kitchen, if not there, I'll be in my chamber." Her gold blouse hugs her curves right as she walks away. Her black jeans expose the figure that men would die to have possession over. Her heels are loud as she heads up the dungeon's stairwell.

Immortals don't need to eat, or drink to be alive, but to them it's a way of enjoying what the mortals have to offer. He finds it too human for them to share dinner, but he will do what the destroyer goddess wants since she is now his co-head of the mansion. Caledonia's alliance will benefit him in many ways now that her loyalty stands with him and him alone.