The Confession (15)

The Confession

"Brandon, Jim, calm down!" Alyssa yells at her friends with aggravation.

Brandon points at her with anger showing on the veins that pop out on his forehead. "Don't tell us to calm down after we find you sleeping in his arms. He's a freaking psycho murder!"

"Alyssa, come here." Jim demands. Julian is in front of her, blocking her from her best friends who insist on being her heroes, even if she has told them that she doesn't need saving.

"Um..." She bites her lip nervously. "I can't?" She more asks then states.

Jim takes a step toward her. It doesn't help the situation when Julian has dried blood on him that has rubbed off on Alyssa while they slept. "Julian let her go."

"That won't be happening anytime soon, and unless you want to end up in a coma, I suggest you leave."

"Julian!" She gasps in horror.

"You see!" Brandon throws his hands up in the air. "I'm calling the police." He states after reaching for his phone.

"Julian, just go. I'll see you later. I need to talk to them." She begs him.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Gosh, you're as stubborn as ever." She rolls her eyes. "At least give me some time alone with them?"

"No. Mortals are impulsive when filled with anger." He doesn't whisper, but he also doesn't speak loud enough for the men to hear.

"Do you seriously think that they would hurt me?"

"I'm not taking any chances."

"You wanted to kill me, do you not remember that? I was hurt so much that my Dad had to stick an IV into me and make me sleep for three days." She points out.

He tilts his head toward her with glare. "I'm not in the mood to argue. No is no."

"How the hell would anyone want you as their king? You're as hardheaded as a piranha."

"I really don't think that's the saying."

"Shut up." She snaps at him.

"Aly, the cops are coming." Brandon states.

"What? Brandon! Why would you call them for?"

His eyes don't leave Julian's. "I said I was."

"I'm perfectly fine!" She defies.

"Physically, yes. Mentally, no." Jim says.

"Julian isn't going to do anything." She crosses her arms not bothering to push pass Julian to stand between the men. She has tried that several times but it's impossible going against Julian. "All three of you are idiots." She sits down on the floor to lie down.

"What are you doing?" Julian asks her.

"I'm going to go to sleep. I'm tired and I don't want to put up with either of you three." She yawns. "Hey, Brady, Jim-Jam?"

"Yeah?" They say in unison.

"When the cops come, make sure they don't see the liquor all over the floors. Julian is old enough to drink, but you both aren't. I really don't want to wake up to one of you calling me to bail you out of jail."