Chapter 1: The Meeting

It was June 15th, 2012, a nice day partly cloudy and a little breeze in the small town of River Falls. Annabella Rocky, who is 13 years old, was mad at her 3 year old brother Timmy because he broke her favorite pair of sunglasses.

"Mom! He broke my sunglasses! Why are you not grounding him?!" Annabella screams tears streaming down her face. She was so upset those were her favorite sunglasses she wore them everywhere.

"Honey, he's only 3 cut him some slack." Her mom says kind of annoyed.

"No! I will not cut him some slack! He broke my sunglasses!"

    Annabella runs upstairs to her room grabs her favorite backpack and puts her favorite books, her phone, a flashlight, some of her secret stash of candy, some clothes including a swimsuit by accident and her favorite stuffed animal and blanket. She grabs her sweatshirt, socks and puts on her favorite shoes which are rainbow tennis shoes. She opens her door and looks in the hallway. She hears her brother playing in his room, her mom cooking lunch in the kitchen and her dads at work. So she quietly goes down the stairs, looks in the kitchen to make sure her mom is not looking and sneaks out the door and runs full blast to the woods which are one block away.

    Ten minutes later, she reaches the woods out of breath. She runs into the woods about 100 feet away from the street when she finds this magnificent tree. It has a little hole made from branches and a little walkway to the hollow inside of the tree. She decides to go into the little branch cave so she pulled out her flashlight and crawled inside. Five minutes later she's in the cave and it's big. She finds a spot and sits down to read.

   After twenty minutes, she hears someone outside the walkway. She gets up with her flashlight and grabs a stick. Then there's a guy who looks about 13 and he's tan, hazel blue eyes and black hair that goes down to the tip of his ears. It's wavy and kinda shiny. Annabella thinks he's cute.

"What are you doing?" Annabella asks suspiciously looking at him.

"I could ask you the same thing. So, what are you doing?" The boy has a sweet voice and he's looking at Annabella curiously.

"I'm hiding from my parents, what's your excuse?" Annabella says sitting back in her spot.

"I'm hiding from my parents they are fighting so I decided to come to the woods." He says with a sigh. "Can I come in?" He asks with a smile.

"Sure come in. What's your name?" Annabella says patting on the spot next to her.

"My name is Jackson, thanks for letting me hide out in here with you. What's your name??" Jackson asks.

"My name is Annabella and you're welcome." She says with a smile as he walks in and sits down next to her. "How old are you?" She asks out of curiosity.

"13. You?"

"Same"

"What's in the backpack?" Jackson says pointing to the teal sparkly backpack.

"The stuff I need like books, candy, blanket, clothes, my phone, and water." Annabella says as she checks the items she listed off on her fingers, the only thing she didn't tell him was that she had a stuffed animal. She didn't want to seem immature.

"You are prepared for anything, aren't you, Annabella?" Jackson says chuckling.

"Yes I am, Jackson." She says and then they burst out laughing. When they settle down from the outburst of laughter she asks

"What's in your backpack?"

He looks at his backpack and says mimicking the way Annabella said it,

"All the stuff I need like a water bottle, food, a couple books, blanket, phone, flashlight, clothes, and swim trunks?"

When he finishes he looks at her she asks, "Why swim trunks?"

He tells her, "Because there is this cool stream pond I found and I like swimming so I was hoping I would go sometime soon."

"Oh. I didn't know there was a pond in these woods." She says looking at the tree caves floor.

"Ya tomorrow if it's nice and you have a swimsuit we could go, if you want?" He says looking at her.

"Ya that would be great!" They smile and look at each other and continue talking. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment let me know what you think.

Hope you liked the first chapter.