Jessica's Pov

Seth listened intently, sucking up every detail like a sponge. I told him about Jack, the men, the strange man, and even the ashes.

"Strange." He commented.

That was it? Just a simple strange?

Jacks pov

---------

"Faster, faster! This is going to help you!" They practically screeched.

Apparently I wasn't fit enough yet. The taste of salt filled my mouth. The air was hot and stuffy, I had been working out, ALOT. From running, to swimming, to jumping, to stretching. I was totally worn out. By the end of the week I had worked out every muscle in my body; or so it felt like. But I couldn't do this; I still loved my sister too much. Maybe I could get away, but where? I didn't even know where I was.

"Go to the 4th corridor after your break." Ashè told me after my work out.

My room was small and tidy, they made me keep it that way. Soft rays of light slivered threw my blinds on my window. I never even dared to glimpse out the window. But that was before I realized that I still loved Jessica. The light ran across my face as I approached the window. I reached out, peeking through the blinds. It was a jungle landscape. Then a plan slowly built its self together in my head. Like a puzzle being put together. If I could just pack some stuff......I could escape. Jump out the window. There was a pool of water at the bottom.

Immediately I started stuffing my biggest bag with materials, clothes, and what ever I could get. Lunch was usually right after exercise. I could sneak a few things....... There was a fridge on corridor 2. Maybe I could sneak a few things. But then it hit me, the supply room! I'd stop there after lunch, and the 2nd corridor. But where would I go when I escaped? Any where was better than here.

I finally had every thing I needed. Endless food, matches, clothes, and even a gun. That wasn't even half of my stuff.

The window was warm and moist, just like the Air was going to be. And sure enough, when I opened the window, the air was warm and moist. I was scared the creaking of the window would be loud enough for any one to hear.

"Hey you, what do you think your doing?" A tall man demanded.

I didn't recognize this man at all.

"I just got back from exercising and it was hot so I decided to get fresh air." It didn't make any sense but he would probably fall for it. The man only nodded once, then rushing down the 5th corridor.

I slipped my feet out of the window, sliding my whole body through. Should I do this? Well there was no turning back now. Without thinking, I closed my eyes and pushed myself out. Before I knew it I was floating in warm water. I wanted to just sit here, and rest. But it wouldn't be long until Ashè noticed I was gone. The tall forest looked down on me. Many regrets flew through my mind, but I didn't care. This was for my sister.