Jessica

I walked in circles. Every time I turned around, I felt the eerie woods creeping up on me. They were testing me constantly, every time I would find a new ability within myself. The landscapes were similar, but aways different. A man stood behind some of the tall thick trees. He peered at me, I only saw anger in his eyes. I tried to avoid him, but couldn't. He'd be there every time I turned around. I couldn't take It any more, I walked towards him. As I did, he pulled out a 6 inch knife. The clouds were closing in, covering the sky, hiding it from the forest I was standing in. He immediately pulled his arm back when I approached. But he had vanished when I got close enough to even see what he was wearing. Then I heard Jack calling my name.

"Jessica, Jessica!" He seemed to shout begging for my help. I ran towards his voice, but could never find him. Eventually I ran into a huge field stretching across the whole landscape. There he was; but he wasn't alone. There were men on both sides of him. When I realized it was all a trap, he grinned evilly. I was set up by my own brother. The men reached for me, with long arms. What did they want? Were these the people who found me as a threat? I sure hope not. They approached me, their eyes icy cold. I shivered just looking at them. Before they could get too close I held my hand up in protection. They all turned into ashes, flowing in the direction of the wind. I just vaporized my brother. Was this real? I couldn't tell, it certainly felt real. But I continued to hear him, but it wasn't him talking. It was his thoughts. They were about me, only about getting rid of me.

I woke up tossing and turning, I sighed in relief when I realized it was just a dream. They had been monitoring my dreams, finding new things I could do. But I knew I definently couldn't get back to sleep after that. It was like I had no privacy, always being monitored and watched.

Seth was still asleep, his face was so peaceful. Guess he wasn't having bad dreams. Maybe I just needed some fresh air.

It was freezing, the railing was ice cold. I watched the waves move up down up down. This all just felt like a messed up fairy tale. I aways thought over what happened, which made no sense to me.

Some shuffling behind me broke me from my thoughts. It was Seth; guess he wasn't asleep. Maybe he just woke up. I didn't know.

"What are you do if out here so late?" He rubbed his eyes.

Guess he just woke up.

"Couldn't get to sleep." I replied simply.

He sighed, leaning over the railing.

"Neither can I." He was staring at the horizon.

"Look there." He pointed to where he was staring at.

There was faint splotches of yellow pink and orange at the bottom of the dark sky. Sunrise. The sun peeked at me from the horizon, giving me a wave of warmness.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I admired the beautiful sunrise.

But he completely ignored my question.

"What was your dream about." He asked more demanding than asking.