The storm

It was Saturday. My free day to where anything I wanted. I walked to the edge of the ship, I always went there to relax myself. The clouds were low, they looked like I could just reach up and grab them, stealing it from the melancholy sky. The clouds were various colors of gray and black. A sudden breeze swept over the ship. Starting soft, but kept getting rougher.
"Every one inside!" Some one had shouted.
But I just stood there for a moment, thinking. I looked at the horizon, the waves were getting bigger. I finally listened and went to my room. Seth was already there, making lunch.
"There's a-" I started to say but he cut me off.
"Yeah, I know. It's already over the whole ship." He commented.
"We're not aloud to go outside for awhile, due to the weather."
Great. I'd be stuck in this room for who knows how long. Hopefully I wouldn't get claubsterphobic, I usually did on things like this. I went to my room to change. The whole dorm smelled like sweet apples. There were scented candles every where.
I slipped on my gray sweater and long jeans. It was getting cold, fast.
Lunch was ready in minutes. It was grilled cheese, my favorite. The cheese melted in my mouth, it reminded me of the ones my mother used to make after church on Sunday's.
After lunch we decided to play a board game. Seth pulled out the game Risk, although I've never seen it before. The object of the game was to take over all the territories on the map.
Seth beat me the first round, not even trying. But I was getting the hang of it, quickly.
We were half way threw the third round when we heard a huge bang, we had lost our power. The candles were still lit, leaving a dim light through out the dorm.
"Don't worry, storms like this happen at least once a month." He said soothingly.
He had brought me a blanket and coiled it around me.
"Where are we going?" I say.
He didn't reply, looking into my eyes.
"I don't know." He finally said.
I only got up and went to my room, I was home sick. I missed my "parents", I missed my brother, I missed my warm promising bed, I missed every thing!
"I know what your feeling, I felt that, too when I first came here." Seth came into my room.
"How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked
"That's what I need to tell you, can you promise you'll keep it together?" He asked; he was very quiet.
I nodded my head, trying to keep my promise.
"People here aren't......normal." He explained," they have....special abilities. Most people call them "super powers", but there not. I can read people's minds, that's how I knew what you were thinking. There are many other abilities throughout the whole ship. Every one thinks your the special, the one who posses all abilities. Scientists believe there was a nuclear wave that went across the world when we were born, making us this way. Most kids with the abilities are around the same age. Because of that, it messed up a lot in your life. Most kids were separated from their parents because the government found it as a threat, something that would eventually over power them. So they separated kids from their parents, just to be sure. Now, there was also another group of people who found people with abilities a threat. It was a group terrorists, they found the supernatural a threat to their religion some how. That's were your brother is, he isn't supernatural, that's why the terrorists took him. They're questioning him about you, if they find you, they find the supernatural." He finally finished.
I was no where near ready to talk again in a while. I felt betrayed, by my own "parents". It was just all too much.