Jessica

The school was huge. Divided into two sides, one was middle school and one was high school. I watched as we dropped Jack off on the middle school side. He ran off into a big crowd of kids, already socializing and making friends. It was never easy for me to socialize. I never even bothered anymore, for we would be moving in a month or so, so what was the point? I started to get nervous as we approached the high school side. Here we go again, I thought to myself. Just another day of being the "new girl".
"Have a nice day, I'll see you after school. Be on your best behavior, we'll be having some visitors after school." My father said to me as our car stopped outside the enormous school.
"Yes father, who will it be?" I replied.
"It's a surprise, now get out, your going to be late." He said pushing me out the door. My car zoomed away within 5 seconds. I whirled around and looked at all the people. Some were in small groups, some big, and some people standing all alone, like me. But then I felt a light tap on my shoulder. When I turned around there was a tall girl standing there. I had seen her in one of the big groups earlier.
"Hi I'm Bethany, what's your name?" She asked. I felt like I having a conversation in kindergarten, but I responded any way. "Hi I'm Jessica, I'm kinda new here so can you show me around?" I replied.
"Of course, here follow me." She said as she dashed off into another crowd. It was hard to keep up with her but we finally came to a stop.
"Jessica, meet Jane and Rosie." Bethany said quickly. "Hi." I said shyly. But neither of them responded. Jane squinted her eyes at me. She could tell I didn't go shopping often. Rosie didn't even bother to look at me, her mind else where, into the thoughts of clothes and shoes.
"Be nice!" She whispered, even though I could hear her.
"Let's go, Rosie." Jane said, flipping her hair. And they both disappeared in another crowd.
"Don't mind them, their always like that." Bethany said with a fake smile. I knew they weren't always like that. They were already talking with other people, smiling, and laughing their heads off.
---
"Here's your first class" Bethany said as she pointed to room 218.
"I think Rosie's in your class, so you won't be entirely alone." She chirped excitingly.
Well that made me feel a lot better. I thought sarcastic like. "
Thanks, Bethany see you next class I guess." I replied, trying to sound excited.