Lights out

My mother was very suspicious, thinking we over heard their conversation. But my brother was too sly to let her think more of it.
"We were just discussing if I'm going to ride to school with her, she better stop being so embarrassing. She fell right smack on her face in gym today, making her team lose." Jack said quickly.
"Alright, hopefully you two will work that out." She said in relief, also trying to hide a smile.
But we both knew there was something big they weren't telling us.

That night, I actually got a full nights sleep. And I've gotta say, it feels amazing. But I couldn't stay in that mood forever, for I would have to deal with Jane and Rosie when I got to school.
Breakfast went fast. My mom had made us eggs and bacon, they weren't personally my favorite.
On the way to school, I saw a little group of boys enclosing on this little girl. They were arguing about something. Some thing more important than stealing a candy bar. Something, just something. Today felt strange, every one was acting weird. Every but Jack and I. It was only 8:30 and it felt.....different.
When I was dropped off at school Bethany and this other girl greeted me.
"Hi Jessica." Bethany said, her blonde curls bouncing with her,"Meet Reagan." She finished.
Unlike Jane and Rosie, she actually responded.
"Hey, Jessica right? well I just wanted to meet you. People have told me about you about how your.......different." She commented.
I didn't know what she was talking about. I replied with a "Oh really?" Trying to sound interested. She looked familiar. I had seen her in one of my night mares. Did that mean anything? I couldn't decide.
"What's your third block class?" Bethany suddenly asked.
"Umm, biology with Mr.Sype, why?" I asked confused.
"Just keep your eyes open." Bethany warned.
What did that even mean!
The day just kept speeding up. My heart raced faster, hour after hour. Third block was just around the corner. Maybe 5 minutes or so.
As I entered my biology class, I searched the room, making sure there was nothing strange there. Looked normal to me. "All this stuff is just getting to me." I thought to myself.
30 minutes of biology class had passed, still normal. I was still perfectly safe.
Moments later, every thing went dark and a foggy gas filled the room. Every one fell to the ground, except me.
"Is any one in there?" A deep voice yelled through the door. I struggled to scream, just loud enough for them to hear. The door busted down, people rushing in and checking every ones pulse.
"We've only got one. Come on, through the windows!" A higher voice yelled in my ear. Then I felt some one cover my mouth and pick me up. Was I seriously being kidnapped? I was too shocked to fight back. I was carried out the windows, or at least that's all I remembered before darkness over took me.