Texts

The next morning, Zayn was the first one to wake up.

He was thirsty, immediately leaving the bed and shuffling into the kitchen like a zombie.

Zayn leaned back against the fridge as he downed about half a bottle of water, rubbing his eyes and standing up with a yawn when he finished.

He looked around the kitchen, noticing the table was crooked now thanks to them, the chair he'd used still sitting out away from the table.

They had their dinner in the living room last night, the kitchen practically untouched since their...meeting.

Zayn then looked at the clock, seeing he'd woken up just in time to wake Harry for work.

If he didn't soon, Harry would definitely be late.

Zayn grabbed another bottle of water and headed back to the bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Harry.

"Babe, wake up." He said softly, nudging him some and hearing a buzzing sound.

Zayn looked over at his nightstand, seeing Harry's phone laying beside his with the screen lit up.

He glanced back over at Harry and started playing with his hair to bring him into consciousness, his eyes making their way back to Harry's phone as it buzzed again.

The latest message was from Nicole, and Zayn saw the word fired amongst many others.

Zayn massaged Harry's scalp with one hand, picking his phone up with the other and frowning at the message.

He didn't dare open it, his eyes scanning over what he could read.

'Can't believe Jackie fired you and over the fucking phone at that. I'm totally quitting the next time she tries me. Fuck this place we'll find better jobs then....'

Zayn paused, wondering to himself why Harry hadn't said anything about being fired.

He looked at the notification for an older message, one from a number Harry didn't have saved.

There were multiple messages from them, only the last one being visible.

'call or text me when you get the chance'

If Harry really was fired, that number was probably Charlie.

Zayn stared at his boyfriends phone, seeing nothing but his reflection now that the screen had went dark.

He knew very well that it would be wrong to go into Harry's phone and do anything, let alone delete Charlie's messages.

Zayn knew Harry would eventually stop talking to Charlie on his own, especially since he wouldn't be working with him anymore.

Zayn sighed, telling himself it actually didn't matter and to stop having thoughts like that.

He tried to ignore them and focus on waking Harry so they could talk instead.

After putting his phone back Zayn turned and got on top of Harry, mainly to keep him pinned down as he started tickling him.

"I told you not to do this." Harry finally spoke with a chuckle, reaching and trying to pull Zayn's hands away from his body.