The Truth

Zayn decided to go out with Liam to keep himself occupied, the two deciding to go to a popular little bar not far from campus.

For what seemed like years Zayn listened to Liam go on about Louis.

He even ordered chicken wings and finished them before Liam decided to quit.

"So where did Harry go again?" Liam asked.

Zayn tuned back in. "Oh uh, out with his friend from work. Nicole."

"The little screaming girl?" Liam asked.

"Yeah that sounds about right." Zayn chuckled.

Liam thought for a moment. "Wasn't he upset when you hung out with Alex?"

"Yeah but Alex and I kissed. I kind of had a few feelings for her too, it was this whole big mess." Zayn said.

"Oh." Liam nodded, looking down at the table.

"There aren't any now though. She really wanted to hang out again but Harry wasn't comfortable with it." Zayn said.

"Did you want to hang out with her?" Liam asked.

Zayn got quiet, shrugging. "Maybe. But it doesn't matter."

"Why not?" Liam frowned.

"After the way she acted I'm starting to think it'd be better to just...forget her completely." Zayn admitted.

"How'd she act?" Liam asked.

"Annoyingly." Zayn said. "She wouldn't let it go and even went to Harry trying to convince him everything was cool now. He wasn't having it and she got pissed and apparently threatened him."

Liam frowned. "What's her problem?"

"She claimed I was her only friend." Zayn said. "She didn't want to lose our friendship."

"That's crap. I see her with other people all the time." Liam scoffed.

"Really?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah she's always with the same group of people around campus. I've even seen them out before when I've been out." Liam said.

"Sometimes she'll be with only one of them, sometimes the whole group. But I never see her alone."

Zayn slowly frowned, wondering why she would make such a big deal out of their friendship.

"She sounds like trouble, my vote is to forget her." Liam said.

Zayn nodded with a sigh, looking around.

"You look so miserable." Liam commented.

"How? I'm fine." Zayn lied.

"Do you want to go back home?" Liam asked.

"If you do." Zayn replied, even though he was beyond ready to go.

Liam could sense this.

"Alright, lets go." He smiled.

x
x
x

It wasn't until that evening around nine that Zayn got phone call from Harry.

"Are you okay?" Zayn asked, wondering why he hadn't heard from him all day.

"Yeah, and I'm really sorry I didn't text or anything. My phone died, plus Nicole and I really lose it when we start talking. Plus we just...I have so much to tell you. I'm at her place right now but we're about to leave. Are you home? I miss you so much." Harry said.