Try Again

The following Saturday while Harry was getting ready for work and Zayn was watching as usual, Louis called to them from the living room.

"What did he say?" Harry asked, pausing from buttoning his shirt.

"I'll go see. Hurry up or you're going to be late." He added, checking the time on his phone as he got off of Harry's bed.

Harry frowned at him. "I know what time it is. It doesn't really matter if I'm a few minutes late."

"Yes it does." Zayn smiled, stopping in the doorway.

"Why? Do you have somewhere to be after you drop me off?" Harry asked.

"Yes. In my bed waiting for you to get off work and being sad." Zayn replied.

Harry thought for a moment, smiling at him. "Well maybe tonight I'll make the wait worth it."

"Yeah I was thinking we could smoke some more tonight, have some fun and...get Chinese food or something." Zayn suggested. "Sort of like a date but our own version. And it doesn't have to be Chinese, just....whatever we work up an appetite for."

"Whatever my princess wants." He added with a smile.

Harry looked away from him, the usual blush on his cheeks.

"Sounds like a lovely evening." Harry replied, back to buttoning his shirt now. "Maybe I'll dress up for the occasion."

Zayn paused again, looking back at him.

"Dress up?"

"Mhmm."

"Like...lace?" Zayn asked, stepping back into the doorway and leaning against it.

"Duh." Harry chuckled. "I know how much you like those thigh-high socks I wear but, I think I'll leave those off tonight, I like looking at my toenails now."

"You did a great job." Harry added, smiling down at them.

Zayn approached him with a smirk. "How about you wear those pink lace panties tonight? The ones you wore at the hotel?" He asked softly, looking at him.

"Under a short skirt?" Harry asked in the same volume, returning his stare.

Zayn answered with another kiss that Harry couldn't help but smile out of.

He held Zayn's face so they could keep eye contact, chuckling a little. "Let me paint your toenails pink."

"What, to match your underwear?" Zayn scoffed, smiling some and seeing it as a joke.

"Sure, I mean I have plenty of shades." Harry said softly.

Zayn just stared at him a while before it dawned on him.

"Oh, you really want to paint my- no Harry." He switched to a stern tone. "Are you high already?"

"You're no fun." Harry smiled, pushing away from him and going back to buttoning his shirt.

Zayn folded his arms. "I already told you I am fun. In fact I had an idea I wanted to share with you, but I don't know if I want to anymore. I don't know if you can handle it."

"So it's like that now?" Harry teased, smirking at him.

Zayn bit his lower lip to hold in his frustration, releasing it with a half chuckle and looking at the floor.

"I...wanted to role play tonight." He said, looking back at Harry now.

Harry stared at him in silence for a moment.