Taking Turns

It was Tuesday just after lunch time and neither Harry nor Louis had heard from Niall.

They both called him multiple times, of course getting no answer.

Harry decided it would be best not to worry themselves and just wait for Niall to return.

Louis was currently over at Liam's, which meant Harry had the house to himself.

He knew Zayn would be over soon, he didn't even have to call.

But for now, Harry was taking some time for personal grooming.

He had a nice long scalding hot shower just like he wanted, shaving his legs and armpits.

Feeling smooth and clean, Harry then shuffled to his bedroom in two towels.

For what felt like hours he tried to decide what to wear, absolutely nothing looking right to him.

So, he decided to put that off and find something else to do that didn't necessarily require clothing.

Harry kept the bottom towel wrapped around him, taking the top one off to dry his hair.

He sat down at his mirror, frowning at the tangled mess that once was a head full of beautiful curls.

He wouldn't dare blow dry them, he knew they'd frizz out like brown cotton candy.

Harry gently began to comb the tangles out, making a face each time he found one.

When he finished, he still wasn't satisfied but he knew he'd just have to deal with it.

His eyes wandered around his desk, landing on the box where he kept what makeup he owned.

He smiled a little, pulling it out and opening it.

Harry stared at his reflection, deciding he wasn't going to mess with his brows or lashes.

They actually looked pretty nice at the moment.

His lips, however, seemed drained of color.

There was only one way to fix that.

Harry chose his favorite shade of red, putting it on slowly and studying the color in the mirror.

It was so vivid.

He pressed his lips together when he finished, slowly releasing the pressure and watching them spring back into place.

He ruffled his curls a bit, posing and looking at himself.

He flinched as the doorbell rang, scrambling to his feet so fast his towel fell off.

Harry quickly wrapped it back around his hips, hurrying to the door.

He squinted to look out of the peephole, sighing with relief when he saw Zayn.

Harry opened the door, greeting Zayn with a small smile.

Zayn's eyes moved quickly, trying to take all of this in at once.

"Hurry up and come in I'm not exactly decent." Harry chuckled.

But Zayn didn't move.

Harry reached out and grabbed him by his jacket, pulling him inside and quickly shutting the door.

"I figured you'd be over here." Harry said, locking the door back.

"Sorry I'm not dressed I couldn't decide what to wear. So what do you-" Harry began to ask as he turned to face Zayn, being pushed back against the door and kissed before he could continue.