Sharrkan || Roses ||

// Hello all :)

I sort of wrote this for myself, but I realized that a lot of people want another Sharrkan chapter. I'm here to deliver! La Vie En Rose puts me in such a relaxed mood, so I chose it to be the theme of this one shot. I hope you have a relaxed day, love. Alors, amusez-vous bien! (I took three years of French and I actually really miss it) //

┏━━━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━━┓

❝ I challenged her to an arm wrestling match just so I could hold her hand. ❞

┗━━━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━━┛

      From the beginning, Sharrkan and (Y/N) didn't get along. There was always something to bicker about between them. When Sharrkan would initiate an argument with a snarky remark, (Y/N) was sure to finish with a wittier response. Needless to say it came as a surprise to Sharrkan when he learned that (Y/N) didn't actually hate him (he had always feared it). In fact, the woman just really loved to debate with him about everything and nothing. 

      Even more of a shock to Sharrkan, he realized that behind all of his picking and teasing, he held a tender fondness for the woman. He hated admitting that it was natural for him not to get along with people he genuinely liked. It was a sort of mental tick for him. Instead of saying a "Good morning!" to the (H/C) haired woman in the palace of Sindria each morning, it always slipped out as a "Go away" or "Shut up." In return (Y/N) would usually whack him with her staff before walking past him. But there did come a day when Sharrkan withheld his usual snide remark to her and replaced it with a smile. 

      "Good morning, (Y/N)," he had said, nodding to her as they were passing. He caught himself and the two froze just as they were about to pass each other. She looked to him, confused. But as her eyebrows raised, she slowly began to smile. 

      "Good morning to you, too, Sharrkan," she said back. The two stood there for a moment or two, an awkward tension quickly rising between them. "I'm going to go now," she said after the silence, turning on her heel. 

      "Yeah, same here," he said quickly, turning as well. He walked away with a 'What the hell just happened?' mumbled under his breath. He thought of her smile he saw just moments before. And then he felt it. Something warm stirred in his chest and he suddenly felt as if he had jumped off of a cliff, a strange fluttering sensation in his gut. 

      Oh. Yeah. Sharrkan realized he was pretty much in love with her. 

      He spent about three days pacing his room, screaming into pillows, and throwing himself on furniture after he realized his world altering discovery. It made so much sense. He tried to tell himself that maybe the light feeling in his chest and head was because he was sick. Yes, sick. Surely it was some illness that made him dizzy and it wasn't (Y/N)'s smile or laugh she made when she was caught off guard by something funny. No, no he most definitely was not in love with her. 

      But he most certainly was. 

      Finally coming to terms with his feelings, Sharrkan vowed to change his behavior to the woman. He promised himself he would stop being such an ass so that she might see him as something other than a nuisance (though he wasn't aware that she never thought of him as such). He began with compliments.