Sinbad || An Offer || Pt. 3

Two days. It had been two days and the two were still stuck on the wretched, freezing mountain. Storms came and went, but there always seemed to be a new sheet of snow falling from the sky, and Sinbad and (Y/N) had become accustomed to the numb feeling due to the cold. Sure, it was slightly painful not to feel warm unless the two were huddled together for warmth, but it would not stop them from accomplishing their goal of reaching the summit of the mountain. 

          Forget their original goal of 'creating a bond of teamwork and trust', (Y/N) and Sinbad agreed that their complete goal was defeating the beat that dwelt at the peak of the mountain. An ice lizard, perhaps more referred to as an ice dragon, roamed the mountains and killed any passing travelers, adventurers, and innocents. Their goal was to kill it once and for all. 

          "Ooh, sorry," (Y/N) said as she toppled backwards into Sinbad's arms. He laughed slightly and tugged the cloth covering her face up higher and shook his head. 

          "No, you just lost your footing. Just be happy we're on a big enough ledge for me to catch you." The ledge was just big enough to hold both of them as they started their ice climbing portion of reaching the summit. (Y/N) wasn't much of a climber, but Sinbad taught her quickly and well so she adapted. 

          Sinbad wrapped his arms below (Y/N)'s waist and hoisted her up to her next ledge. The blush on her cheeks was the only warmth she had felt in days, and (Y/N) was starting to become thankful for her newfound embarrassment around the young man. He may be slightly younger than her, but that did exclude the fact that he was talented in wooing anyone he could. (Y/N) could already feel herself become enthralled by his presence, and she only prayed he felt the same for her. 

          Watch your step. Climb. Reach. Grab. Hoist. Climb. Repeat. 

          They climbed, rested, ate, then climbed again for hours until the top was just in reach. (Y/N) silently cursed Sinbad for swearing not to use his djinn because he was focused using only skill and strength to reach the summit, but the satisfaction of finishing work without godly help was bliss. 

          "Give me your hand," (Y/N) said as she threw herself onto the flattened summit. Years and years before the mountain had been much taller, but the ice dragon used its strength to level the mountain to make a home. It burrowed deep into the mountain, and the only was out was the top. It was almost plateau-like, the mountain summit was, but with a hole encased by ice in the center. The dragon had been asleep for some time. 

          Sinbad took her gloved hand and (Y/N) pulled him up, falling backwards in the ice and snow in the process. Sinbad's hands were on both sides near her head, and his face became a cherry red. But it was not from the cold. "Sorry," he said. He smiled down at her with a confident look and said, "You ready to do this?"

          "Ready as I'll ever me," (Y/N) grinned back. "You promised me an adventure, and I sure as hell am going to finish it."

          The mountain shook tremendously. Suddenly, the ice capping the dragon's hole was shattered, and the dragon crawled its way out; huge, ice-like talons digging into the mountain in the process. It emerged like an insect would from the dirt, and its eyes were as black as coal. Death looked down on them like a bird would a worm. 

          (Y/N) and Sinbad were not phased. 

         Quickly, both called for their almighty power. Sinbad, calling to Baal, transformed into what looked like an otherworldly being. With blue scales and armor, he looked almost like the dragon they faced. (Y/N), calling to her household vessel, shown brightly with lightning that seemed to flicker in her eyes. Her dual swords, each gifts of Sinbad himself, glowed and sparked with lightning. The fight began. 

         The ice dragon roared staggeringly loud, and the two were almost blown off the side of the mountain. A split second later they attacked, striking the dragon with deadly blows, but the scales from the dragon protected its flesh below well. 

          (Y/N) growled and flung herself to the face of the dragon, and slashed in an X form on the dragon's snout. It cried in pain as the charged swords shocked its head, and the dragon lashed out with its whip-like tail that hid below its wings. (Y/N) was knocked out of the air, and into the snow dozens of feet away. The tail was like a bat to the head from a professional weightlifter. (Y/N)'s vision became blurred. 

          The dragon took its chance upon seeing the wounded warrior shaking in the snow. It seemed to smirk as it made his way over to her, ignoring Sinbad's attacks to its back. Terror flooded Sinbad's mind as the thought of the dragon tearing (Y/N) apart in its jaws appeared. No. There was no way in hell he was going to let the beast take that women away from him. 

          "Don't," Sinbad screamed, "TOUCH HER!" A newfound level of power surged through his body as he aimed his sword at the dragon's back. Lightning erupted from the tip and engulfed the beast snout to tail in inescapable energy. The dragon roared and reared up into the sky, palpitating as its scales were melted away and organs fried. Sinbad flew down just in time to save (Y/N) from being crushed by the dragon's falling body. 

          (Y/N) had passed out from the pain and probably exhaustion. She used too much energy (what energy she had left after climbing) fighting the beast, so she gave in to unconsciousness for lack of energy and the pain of being sliced by the dragon. Sinbad was terrified.

          "Come on," he mumbled, holding her face in his hands. He changed back into his normal form and stared in horror down at (Y/N). Could death have taken her so easily? Was she just not prepared? Had he lead her to death? "(Y/N)," he begged. "(Y/N), please. Damn it, please wake up!" He rested his ear on her chest and breathed out heavily. Her heart was beating. 

          "Hey now," a raspy voice said quietly. "You could at least ask for permission to touch my chest. And while I'm not knocked out, too." Sinbad's eyes widened and he looked up in shock to see (Y/N) grinning up at him. "What a shameful thing to do, Sin," she smirked. His face went aflame. 

          "No!" he said quickly. "I was trying to hear your heart! I didn't know if — I was worried that — I didn't know if—UGH!" he spluttered. A small laughed escaped his lips as he looked down to her. "You know I wouldn't do that to you."

          "Oh, I know," (Y/N) giggled. "I'm just glad you'd be worried enough to check. I assume you killed the dragon?" Sinbad nodded in response. "And without my help. Shoot. Well, I'm relieved you didn't get killed."

          "Yeah, but you almost did!" Sinbad cupped her cold cheeks in his hands and glared down at her. (Y/N)'s eyes were wide and she blinked rapidly. "Don't scare me like that. I don't know what I would have done." He quickly leaned down and kissed her, and (Y/N) squeaked in surprise. Her heart leapt in her chest. When they broke apart, Sinbad smiled down at her. "I'll give you an offer just like the day I first met you back in your country," he said. "Be with me in every adventure I go through, and stay by me. Hand in hand, heart to heart."

          (Y/N) smiled back up at him, a giggle escaping her mouth. Joy flooded her senses as Sinbad smiled back at her with an almost awkward smile. "It's a deal."

//SIDE NOTE: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's over. One down, one to go. ALADDIN, YOU'RE NEXT//