Sinbad || A Broken Man ||

//SIDE NOTE: So this chapter wasn't requested by anyone, but I just wanted to make it for myself. I wanted to see how I could stir emotions while writing, and it's sort of cliche, but whatever. I guess the warning would be: ANGST

Oh, also, of course I couldn't find a pic or gif of older teenager Sinbad crying, so I found this pic that basically represents the pain he feels//

          An abyss swirled around Sinbad's head. A fog clung in his mind like a plague that would take his life like a thief in the night. He hurt everywhere. Absolutely every part of his physical being and mental state was in tatters. Hope felt like a distance too far to finish, and joy felt like a fleeting memory. She was gone. 

          Gone. 

          No matter how many times he would try to tell himself she wasn't, she was. Denial couldn't hide the fact that he would never see her smile again. It didn't hide the fact that she was silent; that she was cold; the fact that her heart would never beat again. Nothing would ever get the young woman that he loved with every ounce of his being back. 

          (Y/N) was dead. 

          Sinbad's eyes traced over her body as she laid still, surrounded by flowers and pillows that hugged close to her body. Her skin had lost its color, but she was still beautiful. The beauty before him was a lie. She had not looked so clean before. She had been scarred, cut, and bloody. Magic healed the wounds, but it had not given back her life. 

          Magicians who fought with (Y/N) in her last battle did everything they could to make it look like she had died in peace with no pain. They did a magnificent job of hiding the truly horrifying wounds she struggled through until her last breath. 

          The moments before her death would haunt Sinbad ever waking day, but he wouldn't allow himself to try and forget it. He would forget the girl who saved his life. He would forget the girl who he fell so hopelessly in love with. He was terrified of forgetting their precious moments together that kept him going each day. Her memory was the only thing Sinbad could cling to so he would not fall into total despair. 

          "Sinbad?" Ja'far asked quietly, stepping next to his side. Ja'far was still young, fourteen, but no one dared try stopping him from seeing (Y/N). She was close to him. An older sister figure perhaps, but Ja'far could not deny that (Y/N) was truly special to him. She was special to everyone who knew her. Ja'far reached out and grabbed at a fold of Sinbad's sleeve, hot tears threatening to spill from his eyes. She looked so peaceful lying there, he had almost mistaken that she was sleeping. 

          Sinbad quickly wrapped Ja'far in his arms as soon as Ja'far broke into a wail of sobs. The younger boy shook violently in his arms, and Sinbad used all of his strength not to cry with him. He wanted to be strong for Ja'far, but he knew he wasn't. He would never be perfectly strong without (Y/N). "Sinbad," Ja'far choked, tears soaking Sinbad's shirt, "I want her back! I don't know what to do! I don't know what to do!"

          "I don't either, Ja'far," Sinbad said quietly. "Just . . . breathe. Calm down." Ja'far stopped shaking slightly and went silent, biting his lip. He pulled away and looked up with teary eyes. "She loved you, and you loved her. She passed knowing she was loved, Ja'far. That's all I can say. At least she went knowing she was loved."

          "You loved her," Ja'far said. Ja'far knew they loved each other. He had never believed in true love, but the connection the adventurous, purple-haired boy, and the strong willed, kind, (H/C) haired girl proved him wrong in every way. True love was real. "You loved her, Sinbad."

          "I do," Sinbad returned after a painful pause. Sinbad feared Ja'far would be able to hear his heart breaking. He leaned down further and hugged Ja'far tightly. "Go get ready for the ceremony," he said. "It starts soon." Ja'far nodded, sniffing, but he backed away. Sending a last tearful glance to (Y/N)'s still body, he ran off. 

          As soon as Sinbad knew Ja'far had left, he broke. 

          Sinbad screamed. 

         Sinbad clawed his hands through his hair.

         Sinbad fell to his knees and wept.

          "Why?" he cried, crawling his way to (Y/N)'s coffin. "Dammit, why did you do it? You knew you would die. You knew it, dammit!" He slammed a fist against the wooden frame, and (Y/N)'s head rolled slightly to Sinbad. She looked so at peace. "(Y/N), I don't want you to leave me," he whispered, voice much gentler, but still filled with pain. Their last words to each other echoed in his mind. 

          "Sinbad."

          "(Y/N)! (Y/N), keep looking at me! Don't close your eyes."

          "Sinbad, calm down."

          "Please, please, keep talking. Don't close your eyes."

          She reached up with a gentle hand and caressed his cheek, a smile on her lips. "Sinbad, you were destined for greatness. I had to keep that destiny alive. Just don't forget me. Please. That's all I ask."

          "No, no, no, no! No, don't say that!"

          "Sinbad, do you love me?"

          "Yes. (Y/N), you know that. I love you. I love you so much. (Y/N), please—"

          She cut him off by pulling his face down to gently kiss her. His hot tears fell onto her cheeks as he kissed back, and they trembled together; (Y/N) of pain, and Sinbad of fear. "I love you."

         "I love you so much, (Y/N)," Sinbad said quietly, tears streaming down his face. He slowly reached out and held her cold cheek in his hand. Sinbad pulled away and buried his face in his arms, and he wept. 

          "It's useless to try and console a broken man. The darkness that surrounds him is the only true healer because it reminds him of what he lost. The memory will someday heal him when he can admit what he lost is gone, and he can't bring it back. Leave a broken man with the memory."

- Anonymous