Ja'far || Challenge ||

//SIDE NOTE: I don't know the whole outline of Sindria's palace, so I'm changing it to fit this chapter, etc: the several pillars that circle the battle arena.

Type of reader-san in this chapter: That one jackass from gym class that throws any object like it's a basketball, and yells "HOOPS". Pretty much the jock, but outside of sports and rivalries they're super nice and willing to buy cookies for you and stuff, and they like cuddles...//

    "But it would be so cool, Ja'far!"

     "Sharrkan, it would not be cool."

     "(Y/N)! Just think of how fun it would be!"

     "Sinbad, you're a king and you're sitting around telling your friends to challenge each other in a duel so you can place a bet to see who wins. That doesn't sound fun to me."

     "But you two used to hate each other! Why not vent some of that anger from all those years ago?"

     "Ja'far and I were twelve! Those times have passed, Sin."

     Sinbad let out an exasperated sigh and slung an arm around Sharrkan. "Well, it was worth a shot," he said. "You still would have lost the bet, Sharrkan," he continued, punching the darker skinned man lightly in the shoulder. "Ja'far outranks (Y/N) by a long shot." Sinbad glanced to the woman to see if his plan was working. He could practically see the blood boil beneath her skin, and she was beginning to twitch slightly. His plan was working perfectly. 

     "I don't know, my King," Sharrkan shrugged. "Ja'far hasn't been training for a while. He's all caught up with all of that paperwork. I bet he doesn't even have muscles under his robes anymore," he grinned. Ja'far's hands clenched into fists and he began grinding his teeth, glaring at the ground. "A former assassin against (Y/N) would be a quick match. He wouldn't stand a chance."

     "You're on!"

     Sharrkan and King Sinbad turned to see (Y/N) and Ja'far practically at each other's neck. The plan went perfectly! "Fantastic!" Sinbad cheered, raising his fist in the air. "You can go head to head tonight! Everyone will be here at the palace to watch. Good luck to both of you," he winked. The King and Sharrkan both walked away laughing victoriously. 

     Realizing their mistake, Ja'far and (Y/N) groaned and backed up from each other. (Y/N) sighed and pushed her (H/C) hair from her eyes and she crossed her arms. "We're both idiots."

     "No, we just let our emotions get the best of us," Ja'far shook his head. He smiled lightly and rubbed the back of his neck. "I actually look forward to our duel. You're a formidable opponent," he said. "And despite what Sinbad said, I actually don't see how I outrank you. We're both good aren't we?" He folded his hands back under his sleeves and he looked to her expectantly. The woman laughed and reached out to pat his cheek. His face went aflame, and (Y/N) laughed. 

     "Who says I'm not better than you, Ja'far?" she smirked. Pulling her hand away, she swaggered from the court. She looked behind her shoulder and winked to Ja'far. "See you tonight!" she called. A lump rose in Ja'far's neck and he felt his cheeks burn again. That woman always knew how to make him flustered. Her ability to bring out emotions he never knew he had may have been the reason he had fallen for her in his late teen years. Of course, she didn't know that. Probably. 

     "See you tonight," he sighed under his breath.   

----

     "Welcome everyone! We have a very special show for you tonight!" Sinbad called out to the people standing outside of the palace. How the word had gotten around Sindria was baffling, but amazing. "Two of my generals have agreed to duel each other for your entertainment!" The people of Sindria roared with anticipation in return to their King. Sinbad laughed and held an arm to Ja'far and (Y/N). (Y/N) was readying her chakrams with a confident smirk on her lips.