Hakuryuu || Light ||

//REQUESTED BY s39341

Type of reader-san in this chapter: "Whenever someone asks me what I did today, I just answer with, 'The right thing.' And then I add, 'I hope'. (basically a precious bean that just wants to do good). lowkey kinky 

Oh, uh, SIDE NOTE: I created a djinn of my own to fit this . . . they're not real, but let's pretend they are for the sake of this //

     "Are you sure you really want to do this with me?" (Y/N) asked after a long pause. She grasped lightly on the hilt of her sword, and she turned to the young, black-haired man by her side. He was looking at her with soft eyes, and she quickly looked away in embarrassment. It wasn't every day she was in the presence of a prince, and a prince that was excessively kind to her despite the fact that she was merely a soldier. 

     "There's no way I would let you go in there alone," Hakuryuu said softly. "You were chosen for this because of how fantastically you preform in the field, and everyone knows that letting you have the power of a djinn would be for the betterment of everyone, so yes. I really do want to do this with you."

     (Y/N) nodded, a confident smile growing on her lips. She stepped closer to the entrance of the dungeon and breathed in deeply, heart pounding. Hakuryuu stepped closer by her side and looked to her, knowing she had something on her mind. The two had been on the journey to the dungeon together for about two weeks, so they had grown pretty close, but (Y/N) felt something strong for the young prince and she prayed that he would somehow feel the same feeling for her. "I'm strong," (Y/N) whispered to herself, "I can do this." Hakuryuu smiled at her and looked back ahead. They stepped through the glowing entrance. 

     It was dark. As dark as a world with no sun, no stars, and no fire. Pitch black. Completely black. (Y/N) felt fear claw at her heart as her eyes widened to find any glimpse of light. She couldn't see Hakuryuu. "Hakuryuu!" she shouted. She felt like she was floating, but everything was too disorienting for her to actually tell. Something grabbed her roughly and she was pulled into something warm. Hakuryuu. 

     Light sprung from his weapon he held in his hand, and (Y/N) shielded her eyes. Hakuryuu held her close and they grunted as they landed on the ground with a thud. (Y/N) rolled to her feet and unsheathed her sword, eyes wide as she stared at the darkness around her. The only light they had was the light glow from Hakuryuu's weapon. 

     Scuttling was heard across the floor. It sounded like rats of some sort, or just something small running across the floor, claws scraping. Why did it have to be dark? (Y/N) was a phenomenal fighter in the daylight, but darkness just . . .

     "(Y/N)!" Hakuryuu shouted, shoving her out of the way. Something sharp slashed through her armor and pain radiated from the cut making (Y/N) screech in pain. "There's something in here," he hissed, pulling them to their feet. He tightened his grip on his weapon, and the light vanished. (Y/N)'s heart stopped. 

     "N-no! Turn the light back on!"

     "I can't," he said quickly. "It takes too much of my magoi. We can't waste any of it." Through the thick darkness, Hakuryuu grabbed (Y/N)'s hand and they ran. The scuttling noise echoed through the caves, and they only ran faster. Mysterious, glowing lights began to transcend from the ceiling, and (Y/N) smiled slightly, thankful for the small amount of light. She reached out to one of the orbs, but once she touched it she retracted in pain. "Don't touch them!"

--:--

     They fled for what seemed like countless hours. Fighting countless monsters in the darkness and dimly lit areas, they were quickly running out of energy. They had no way of knowing where they were, and (Y/N) felt like she was going to have a panic attack any moment. The dark . . .