Ja'far || Children ||

// requested by secretsof_eden

Type of reader-san in this chapter: "PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP ME 🎵"

SIDE NOTE: I'm going to write this chapter using 'you' instead of 'she' pronouns, so you guys tell me if I should keep it that way or go back to the normal way//

     Ja'far held two six-year old boys, Lanier and Jarrah, in arms as you held your third child Rima. The children were asleep and you yourself and Ja'far were on the verge of falling asleep as well. It had been a long day walking through Sindria. King Sinbad took it upon himself to walk through the streets to see how his people were fairing, and the kids begged and pleaded for you and Ja'far to take them along so they could play with Uncle Sinbad. 

     Ja'far tried explaining to them that it wasn't a really good time to play games with the King, but Sinbad ended up interrupting and he asked for them to come. It was funny in a way how Sinbad acted like the crazy, fun uncle everyone heard stories about. Even though he wasn't actually their uncle, the children loved Sinbad like he really was. 

     "The twins are probably going to wake up when we get back, and they'll want to stay up for another hour or so," Ja'far yawned, looking to both the boys he was miraculously holding in his arms. "It's late enough, and I need some sleep."

     You laughed quietly. "You know Rima is a hard sleeper, so she won't be a problem." The four year old stirred slightly in your arms, and her (H/C) hair that resembled yours fell over her closed eyes. You winced. "Well, scratch that. We can hope she won't be a problem."

     Once back to the palace and back to the kid's wing, Ja'far finished tucking Lanier and Jarrah into bed. You had already placed Rima and bed, so you just watched him kiss their pale foreheads. Your children were beautiful, and no one in the country could deny it. Rima looked like you the most with your (H/C) hair and even your nose, but she had her father's eyes. The twins looked more like Ja'far with white hair and freckles, but they had your eyes. 

     You recalled the day that Lanier and Jarrah were born. Ja'far, so concerned about being a father, almost passed out as he held his sons for the first time in his arms, and you, though tired beyond measure, laughed at him. You adored the man and you found it charming how scared he was to become a good father. After all, you were just as scared to be a good mother.

     Ja'far exited the room silently and pulled you into a hug outside the door. Kissing your right temple he said, "Thank you."

     "For what?"

     "For being the reason I live each day," he whispered. "Thank you for giving me a reason to wake up each morning. You brought our children into the world, and that by far is the most amazing thing I have ever seen anybody," he emphasized anybody, "do. Ever."

     "Well," you grinned, pulling back to look into his eyes. "You technically helped make them." Ja'far turned a bright red when you winked at him. 

      He glared. "S-shut, up! I was trying to be sweet."

     "I know," you smiled, leaning in to kiss him gingerly. "It was sweet. You're sweet." You stepped away from him and yawned, standing on your toes to stretch. "I'm off to bed, honey," you said, patting his cheek. "Come sleep when you're ready." You knew there was a possibility of him having to finish some paperwork before bed, but you were used to him retiring to bed later than you. 

     "Alright, see you in a bit," he said, echoing your yawn. 

----

     The next morning you woke up alone in the bed. Huffing, you swung your legs off the side of the bed and stuck your head outside the door, peering around to see if Ja'far was there. He wasn't. The light streamed into the room and your frowned. Where was he? He usually woke up after you did.

     Stepping into Rima's room to wake her up, your heart almost stopped. Your baby girl wasn't in her bed. "Rima?" you called lightly into her room. No answer. "Rima?"

     Oh my God, you panicked in your head. Oh my God, where is she?

     You dashed into the twin's room. If they weren't there, you were going to run to the King and demand the entire country look for your family. It would be a little rash, but no one was out of bed before you were. Especially your kids. You flung open the twins' room door and froze in place. Nuzzled together on the larger bed was your husband and three children. Their chests rose and fell at the same time and they all looked to be sleeping peacefully. 

     Ja'far's usual cold, thoughtful face was at ease and his lips were slightly apart. His hair was messier than it usually was, but you found yourself melting at how he looked rested between the kids. Cupping your mouth you let out a giggle. 

     Lanier and Jarrah's eyes instantly fluttered open and you stepped back in surprise. "Wow, you guys really are light sleepers," you hissed. 

     "Morning, Mom!" they chimed in unison. 

     "Mama?" Rima mumbled, rubbing her small fists on her eyes. Soon after them Ja'far awoke and rubbed his eyes like his daughter. He blinked a few times and his head slowly turned to you. He smiled crookedly and laughed. 

     "I'm not exactly sure how I ended up here, but I'm not going to question it."

     "You dorks," you laughed. "I love you guys."

     "Lanier tried pushing me off the bed."

     "Did not, Jarrah!"

     "Did too!"

     "Did not!"

     "Did too!"

     "Did not!"

     "Did t-"

     "And I'm out!" Ja'far yelled, picking up the sleepy Rima in his arms as he jumped up from the bed and ran out the door, but not without giving you a good morning kiss. The twins ran after their father continuing their nonsensical argument, and you watched after them laughing all the while. 

     Children and their fathers, sheesh.  

//SIDE NOTE:

Aha, okay, so Lanier is named after a friend of mine who absolutely loves Magi. He actually introduced me to the show in the first place. THANK YOU LANIER WHEREVER YOU ARE, BRO//