Ja'far || Sweet Confession ||

//Lmao, I told you I would make a oneshot to go with my drawing of Jaffy

Type of reader-san in this chapter: gOTTA BLAST//

~ ~ ~

          The door creaked open slightly, and (Y/N) looked up from reading her desk of paperwork to see Ja'far standing in the doorway, hands hidden in the sleeves of his robe like they usually were. She smiled lightly and put down her pen. His gaze was trained on the ground almost stubbornly, and an awkward, nervous aura clung to him like a cloud, but he looked determined in a way. Finally he looked up and bit his lower lip, and prayed (Y/N) couldn't hear his heart thud in his chest. "I'm very sorry to bother you, (Y/N)," Ja'far said. "I was looking for you, and Yamraiha said I could find you in your room." His eyes widened and he quickly jumped away from the door clutching his chest. "And I didn't knock before I came in! I deeply apologize."

          (Y/N) laughed and waved her hand. "It's no big deal. It's not like anyone knock anyways. Hey, you sound so formal, what's the deal?" she asked resting her chin on her fist. The king's adviser and her had always been close by telling jokes, rough housing, spending long hours of the night just enjoying each other's company for a talk, and such ever since they were kids, but Ja'far had recently been acting funny. (Y/N) worried she had offended him in some way, and he was acting strange because of it. The thought was horrifying to her because he, after all, had been her longtime crush. 

          Ja'far went pink and coughed awkwardly. Rubbing the back of his neck, he looked up at her with a sideways glance and breathed in deeply. "Oh, I guess I didn't realize that. Sorry. Um, I—I want to talk about something. It's been on my mind for a long time now, and I don't think I'll be able to sleep soundly another night until I confess."

          Confess? (Y/N) thought. What, like murder? You want me to hide a body, or something? "Mhmm?" (Y/N) hummed. "Is there anything wrong?"

          "N—no!" Ja'far said quickly. "To be honest, it's quite wonderful. I'd be lying if I thought it was wrong," he said, a smile growing on his lips. "Look, (Y/N), I just want to say that I — God, I still don't know how to word it — (Y/N), I love you."

          (Y/N)'s heart skipped a bit. "Huh?" Was he being serious? Did he actually have feelings for her like she did for him? 

          "I'm not going to say something utterly, ridiculously childish such as 'I like you' because it's more than that. So much more." Ja'far walked over to her and pulled (Y/N) out of her chair by her hands, and he looked into her eyes. "I'm past liking you. I always have liked you, but I'm to the point of being hopelessly in love with you." His eyes were wide and full of truth, excitement, and bashfulness. "I do believe I'm smitten."

          "Ja'far," (Y/N) began, squeezing his hands in her own, "I can't believe this is finally happening, but—"

          "But?" Ja'far echoed with wide eyes. 

          "I really have to go drop of these papers to Sin," (Y/N) finished quickly. She let go of Ja'far's hands and grabbed the papers, and turned back to him with a wide smile. "Stay here. I'll be right back." Just before she ran out the door, (Y/N) turned around and planted a quick kiss on Ja'far's lips when he wasn't expecting it. She giggled and ran out the door. 

          Ja'far's mind went blank, and he finally came to with his hand partly covering his mouth to hide a smile that he knew wouldn't leave any time soon. 

          He loved that woman more than life itself.