8

Chapter 8: The Dragon Parade.

💮

In Manchester, the preparations of this year's dragon parade were going great, the parade was on 31st January.

Elsa's Chinese class fellow, Mulan told all of her classmates for the registration so she also came to Elsa.

"I don't even know what all of this is, just watching the parade would be a huge stunt for me... how can I be a part of it...?"

"When you'll go to the parade, you'll understand everything... you'll get many chances of watching the parade in life but being a part of it won't come again... this year more than ninety thousand people are joining the parade."

She began to laugh, "No, I've never done anything like this before."

"Will you not ever consider doing the things you've never done before...? A friend shouldn't say no to a friend. When people from other countries become a part of the parade, we Chinese really like it that we welcomed our new year with the blessings and love of people from other countries... and don't you remember whenever you'd come to me for help, I'd never say no."

Mulan was right, whenever Elsa would ask for help she never said no... on their first encounter she hugged Elsa and bowed two times.

"I'll laugh." Elsa was still refusing.

"So, laugh, actually dance or whatever you want... no one will say anything... there's no place for cry babies... and by the way which animal's costume would you like to wear? I'll arrange it for you... you don't need to wear a mask if you don't want to... I'll be wearing our traditional kimono dress and I'll also have a Chinese fan in my hand and my make up will also be really dark... if you want, you can wear the same costume as mine... or you can play percussion... or drums... but you don't know how to play drums."

"No, I can't wear a kimono... and I'll definitely not wear dark make up."

"If you're feeling shy then you can wear a dragon costume and a mask... if you will wear that costume then no one will know if there's a girl or a boy in that costume... no one will know if you're feeling shy, scared or laughing, giggling under that mask..."

Elsa laughed open heartily, "Alright... I'll become a dragon."

"I promise you that it would be the most precious memory in your life... the luck will be with you."

Elsa's smile got wider... "I'll wait for that luck."

💮

In the night of Chinese New Year everyone went to China Town together... on the entrance of China town was a red, yellow, green dragon and there were also many decorations and there were many Chinese traditional styles and on Manchester's trees red, round lanterns were hanging beautifully.

Rapunzel, Merida and Elsa were enjoying the free Chinese food in all the stalls, everything was for free, Elsa even got a Chinese gift.

A Chinese couple was giving gifts on a well decorated stall that was crowded with the students of Manchester University.

In the gift box was a red paper with a poem written on it in Chinese language and one beautiful necklace and two red ribbons, Elsa couldn't understand the theory behind ribbons... when the crowd got less in there, Elsa went to ask them about it.

"One for you and one for your husband, when he..." The Chinese woman pointed at her husband, "Proposed me, he was so poor that he could not even buy a ring for me, so he took a hair ribbon from a school girl and wrapped it around my finger because he was afraid that some other guy with a ring will take me."