4

Chapter 4: The Heart Rock Cafe

💮

Whenever she would get an assignment, she got dead scared that if she won't complete it on time they will kick her out, in everyone's hands books and vanilla cock would be seen. Students started to go to the library more often like they were getting already made assignments from there, whenever someone would see a friend only one question was always asked...

"Did you complete your assignment?"

Mostly the answer would be no.

Elsa had six assignments to complete, she already completed four assignments but three were left because they were really difficult, she couldn't even understand the epic poems then how was she supposed to work on them?!

Elsa somehow had to make herself better, day by day English literature was getting difficult for her, really difficult but when she would look at her class fellows working hard then she would think that they were going through the same thing and they are still studying so she should too somehow. However, she has to take at least 75% in her first semester.

The first class in her department was of prof Sandy who first introduced himself and gave everyone handmade cards.

Cards were of purple color. First semester, first day, first class was written on it with white color and in the corner were Prof Sandy's signatures.

"On these cards write your name, introduction and also write how much from 100% you give yourself a target and write your motto about that target too then return me the cards."

Everyone wrote on their cards and returned them to Prof Sandy and he started to read them out loud.

"Who wrote Finnish in this card?"

Elsa looked behind her where a Finnish student was sitting but he didn't stand up nor did he say anything then Elsa stood up from her seat.

"It must be Norwegian, sir!" Elsa pointed towards the card in his hand. Prof Sandy showed her the card so she could recognize if that was really her card.

"It is mine."

"But I can't read Norwegian." Prof Sandy said smiling softly.

"Sir! You said that it is our first introduction and my first introduction should be my country language 'Norwegian'. I should speak my country language in my first introduction, right sir...?"

"Correct and now you should read it out loud... pardon me but I can only speak English, French and Italian."

Grandpa made her promise that she would introduce herself in Norwegian in her every new class then she can translate it in English. Grandpa told her again and again that do everything in life... but never put your country language in second place... in the world only those countries achieve progress who never lets go off their mother language.

She began to read the card in English...

"I am Elsa Winters... I'm from Florida... and I'm really happy that Manchester University gave me a chance to come here and improve myself. Manchester University is the first University I came to, far away from my home, I never thought that I could ever come here to study, my first class here was welcome week where I learned to be responsible."

"Well! How much of a target you give yourself?"

"Seventy five percent, sir..."

"In all the cards that I've read so far students gave themselves the challenge of hundred percent, why did you give yourself the target of seventy five percent?" He began to smile like he was saying that everybody in this class showed off, you could do it too.