Chapter 20 - Cildhood Friends

Deepika POV

The alarm rang waking me up from my sleep. I didn't want to wake up late today. We have to go shopping. I turned around to find my dear husband still sleeping with a adorable pout on his face. I went towards him and kissed his lips. My right hand stroking his soft fluffy hair.

DP: Ranu wake up!

No response

DP: Wakey Wakey sleepy pants.

Again no response

DP: Baby boo! Wake up! *kissed his cheek*

His lips formed a smile

RS: Huumm... Gooood *yawn* Morning!

DP: Good morning jaan! *creasing his forehead^

P

RS: Baby come and cuddle with me na!

DP: But time-

RS: We have a lit of time come na! I wanna cuddle...

DP: Awww.... You sound so cute *kiss his cheek*

I lay on top of him. Holding him tightly in my arms. Our legs tangled together. My head on his chest. I cold listen to his slow and steady heartbeat. His hands were protectively holding me. His body was do warm. He felt like the teddy bare I used to sleep with when I was young. My friend....my best friend (of that time). He gave it to me. We were neighbors, the same age, and got along like a house on fire. We knew each other inside out. But that not how we became best friends. It was my first day in school and I fell into a puddle. All the other kids were laughing at me. I felt like crying. That when he came and extended his hand. I grabbed it and got up. In those days the only word I could say was, "momma" and "dada". We didn't say a word to each other he just held my hand and stayed right beside me. Even when we got a little older and someone used to annoy me he would start a fight. He often visited to Principal in his office for me. I always tried to stop him but he always said he is not scared to even go to jail as long it's for me. We were 12 when his dad got transferred to California. He had to leave but he didn't want to go. The time when they were leaving he came towards me and gave me that teddy bare. He said that his not going anywhere, in fact he will be more closer to me. And he left... The teddy bare held a heart shape saying, "Best Friends". I used to try calling in the phone number he gave me but it never connected. Since then I kept that teddy bare close to my heart. Even today, I still have. He always used to hold a special place in my heart and that place will always be reserved for him. Always. Maybe in those days I developed strong feelings for him. Actually I don't know I was too young to figure that out.

Anyways, life has come a long way. And I'm happy where and who I am with today. But if he didn't have to leave then, the story would have been very different. Or at least Ranveer would have competition. A very strong one.😉

DP: Ranu! Ok now we have to get up. It's getting late!

RS: Ok baba! Kitni jaldi hai tuje (you'r in such a rush)

He got up and started walking towards the bathroom with his eyes half closed. He stoped midway and came back to me and pecked my lips.

RS: Now it's a good morning! 😊

DP: Pagal, ab jao bhi! (Crazy, now go!)

He rushed to the bathroom. Meanwhile I went to the kitchen. Later Ranveer walked downstairs in a tank top with a leather jacket and dark blue denims. Looking extremely steamy, as usual. We were not feeling too hungry so we went for some fruits and cereal.

DP: Give me five minutes. I'll quickly change and come.

RS: No rush jaan. Take your time.

I walked upstairs and took a quick shower. I wrapped my self in a towel and came out of the bathroom. I heard a cat-whistle. And prizes for guessing who that was. I turned around and saw Ranveer leaning on the door frame.