Chapter 8 - Wedding

{Author: Ok I was very young when we moved so I have never seen an Indian wedding in real life so I have very little knowledge. Hindi films are my only reference. So if there is a mistake sorry in advance!}

Narrator's POV

Everything was set to go. All arrangements were perfectly done. There was a huge banquet hall booked. The bride and the groom's side had all the financial cost equally divided. This was Ranveer's wish. He believes that if both the guy and girl have to share their lives with each other then why should the brides family pay all the bill for the wedding? That should be shared too. Ranveer and his family were on their way to the hall while Deepika's family were already present there. Deepika was in her room. She already wore the sari. She was now putting on the jewelry. She was looking gorgeous in the red heavy sari with gold colored embroidery. Priyanka was with her in the room.

---Deepika POV---

Today is my wedding day. A day to welcome a different tomorrow. Tomorrow everything is going to be different. I become a married women. Mrs. Deepika Padukone Singh. I am very nervous. There is so much uncertainty. I have no idea about what future holds.

P: Di! What's ya thinking?

DP: How my life is gonna be? How will I live without you guys?

P: Don't worry Di! Ranveer's going through the same thing as you. He is also moving out. Plus the new house is do close by we'll meet everyday.

DP: Ya true!

P: All you need to think about are the things you are going to do to Ranveer tonight! 😉😆💏🙈

I threw a pillow at her and she kept laughing like a maniac. Wow I will miss this. But again I was living so close to home so no need to get so emotional. But thinking about tonight sent shivers down my spine. The fact that I don't know where our relationship stands was make things more difficult. I think we should go slow. I know I have kissed him and all but let's make that the limit of the furthest we can go for a while until we get mor comfortable. Ya that sounds good to me!

---Deepika's Mom and Dad Enters---

DPM: Aww... Sweetie you look beautiful!

DP: Thanks mom! I'll miss you. 😢

DPD: Don't worry beta we live so close. We will meet everyday!

P: Hey! That's what I said.

DP: Group hug!!!

This is the worst part about getting married. You have to leave you family but luckily for me I still had them close by.

---Dad on Phone---

DPD: Ok! Ok! Ya! Fine! See you!

---End Call---

DPD: Get ready they will be here soon!

DPM: Ok! Let's go downstairs. Priyanka you bring Deepika down when I tell you. Ok?

P: Ok! No problemo.

------Ranveer POV------

Right now I am in the car with Arjun. Nervous and eager at the same time. I don't know where our relationship stands so it more confusing. I think it's best if we take the relationship slow. Ya slow sounds ok!

AK: Bro what's up?

RS: Nothing just...

AK: Don't worry everything will be fine!

RS: Humm...

AK: Aaannnddd...I have a present for you!

There was a small box wrapped with wrapping paper.