Chapter 22 - Protecting You

Deepika POV

How could Ranveer behave like this. And here I was thinking that he understands me in and out. What's his problem with Sid? Why is he being so damn insecure? We reached home but I didn't get out of the car. He got out and came to my side and opened the door.

RS: Stop overreacting and come out!

I stayed quiet and didn't move.

RS: Really Deepika? Now you are giving me attitude because of that idiot!

DP: He is not the idiot you are!

That's when I noticed his face. There was a lot of hurt. Actually he looked like he was about to cry, but trying to control it. Am I being unreasonable? No he is but... he looks so sad. I got out of the car and walked towards the house. But Ranveer stood there facing down. Now I was feeling bad. I know I was not wrong but still I felt guilty.

DP: Thume special invitation dena parega andre aane ke liye? (Do I need to give you special invitation to come in?)

He slowly walked in still facing downwards and lost is his own world. He went towards the couch and flopped down. He closed his eyes and head tilted backwards. I could see little tears forming in his eyes. I was walking towards him to give him a hug and sort things out but...

RS: I am no wrong. Sidharth... Sid... Whatever he is not a nice guy. Stay away from him!

DP: But I know him. And he is not what you think he is. Sid is-

RS: The Sid you are talking about is a kid! The Sidharth I am talking about is what he is today. I know Sidharth more and trust me he is good for nothing.

DP: But when we were kids he was-

RS: People change Deepika!

DP: Right now the only person who has change is YOU!

RS: I don't care what you think about me! I want you to be safe and if for that I have become a villein in your eyes so be it. But I can't put you in danger.

DP: What danger? You are talking as if he is some rapist!

RS: He is worse! At least a rapist doesn't pretend to be good. But that so called "friend" of yours is pretending! That all he does well.

DP: Just shut up! How could you be so insecure Ranveer? You are behaving like a psycho husbands!

RS: I am just trying to protect you! What your relationship with him anyways?

DP: He is my best childhood friend!

RS: And you are fighting for your friend against you HUSBAND even after he says that he is a loose character!

DP: What are you trying to indicate here? That I have special feelings for him.

RS: Looks like it! Seems you are very eager to sleep with him!

I slapped him in the face. How dare he question my character? His face beamed with anger. Everything was silent... I ran upstairs. I was crying badly but I didn't care. I was packing my bag. I am not staying with him a second more. I am going to my parents house. I'll make up some excuse. Then I realized that I don't need to pack either. I am going home so everything will be there already. I changed into comfortable clothes and grabbed my phone and headed out of the bedroom walking towards the main gate.

RS: Where are you going?

I stayed silent. If he really cared about me then he'll understand me too. But seems like that isn't the case here is it?

RS: Deepuka fuc*ing answer me!

I got into the car an started driving. I was close to my place and I realized Ranveer was following me behind his car all along. I actually smiled. Do I really have this effect on him? I can slap him hard in the face and he would still follow me in his car to make sure I am ok. So much happened in such a short time I didn't get time to even think what I am doing. We were in that beach road so I stopped my car on the side. He stopped too. I got out of my car and went towards the bench we sat last time. I flopped down. I herd Ranveer's foot steps walking this way. I rembered the time when I told him about Ranbir right here. That time he was not jealous at all in fact he supported me so much in that situation. Maybe just maybe there is some logic in what he said. Or maybe he has a misunderstanding. He came and sat beside me and we both just stayed there. All silent just the sons of the eves hitting the shore and a few cars passing by. Soon I herd snobs from my right side. I turd and saw Ranveer had covered his face with both hands and was crying heavily. I got up and sat on his lap facing him. My legs on rather side of him. I forced him to remove his hands from his face and wiped his tears. I saw a red hand print on his right cheek where I slapped him.

Ranveer POV

I tried to block her view of my face but she successfully removed my hands. She also charted crying a little. She stroked my right cheek and showered many kisses on it. She then kissed my eyes, then forehead, then nose, and finally my lips. It was a few long pecks. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist. And we hugged burying all that went wrong behind.

RS: Deepu I am sorry-

DP: Shhhhh! *finger on his lips* I am sorry too!

RS: Deepu I trust you completely. I know you are mine. But Sid has had bad reputation when it comes to women. That's all! If is was any other guy like Arjun or Varun you know I would be totally cool but not with Sid. Deepu I love you more than any thing else in the world. I can deal with anything in life but I can't imagine you being hurt.

She had a bid smile on her face.

RS: Say something-

She kissed me again.

DP: Yea kafi tha ya main aur bolu? (Was that enough or I need to say more)

RS: Aur bolo na! ( Say more!)

DP: Besharam! (Shameless!)

RS: Public main tu kiss kar rahi hai aur main besharam? ( You are kissing me in public and I am the shameless one?)

DP: By the way you remember na day after tomorrow is Diwali (Indian festival)

RS: Yes so?

DP: Its our first Diwali we gotta plan something good!

RS: How about we call all our family at our place. Nice dinner... Fire crackers.... Games/Movie night.

DP: Good job Deepika!

RS: Deepika? But these were my ideas.

DP: Jo tera hai wo mera hai! (What's yours is mine)

RS: Waise tum kuch bhool rahi ho... (By the way you are forgetting something)

DP: What?

RS: Remember you promised we will finish what we started...😍😉

DP: Ranu I am tired! 😣

RS: Actually me too...we had a eventful night already....

DP: Ranu can I ask you something?

RS: If I say no will you still ask me?

DP: Yes!

RS: Then ask na!

DP: Can we just give Sid another chance?

RS: Deepika you-

DP: I know but let's invite him at the Diwali party na. You will be there if I need you. This is just to clear the doubts. Maybe he will behave differently with me since I was his friend. Let's just give him a chance at least. It there is anything wrong then I won't mention his name ever again.

RS: Fine but if he-

DP: You will kill him. I know. I promise if anything goes wrong because of him we'll kill him together.

RS: Deal but you have to stick close to me.

DP: I always stick close to you.

RS: You know this place is amazing. All problems get resolved when we come here.

DP: It's out lucky place whenever we have a problem we'll come here and sort it out.

RS: Hmmm! Ok now let's go home and get some sleep...

DP: Sleep sounds great right now *yawn* let's go!

----------------End of Chapter 22-----------------

Happy Diwali! Love you guys! This story's got almost 4K reads!!!! This chapter I wore in a rush. It's actually a late birthday gift for someone. Hope you like it! I have not edited any of my stories. Actually I haven't even read my story once. Lol! I'll edit it after I compleat this book.

Vote!!! Share! Comment! Enjoy! 🎁