BASH!

Manik POV

Its been more than 20 minutes and show already started with the opening speech since Nandini left and and isn't coming back yet. Now its worrying me because I am still not over the way men here were staring at her like hungry wolves, that was seriously getting on my nerves. Only God knows how hard it was for me not to kill them right there for eyeing my wife, I almost decided to never bring Nandini along with me on such events but then shuddered on my own caveman abilities. But don't know why I am having this unsettling feelings as if something big is there hidden from my eyes. hope she's fine.
So, I am just gonna wait for more five seconds if she won't come back till then than guess what? I am done waiting.

1..

2..

3..

4...

And that's it!

I sprinted from my seat and turn around to leave in the washroom direction only to stop on my place and my lungs started to work fine again, breathing at normal rate seeing my woman perfectly fine walking in my direction and reached to my side sitting beside me.

"What took you so long?" I whispered impatiently.

"Show already started?" She ignored my question asking her own with a nervous smile making me frown in concern and there was a little stress line on her forehead.

"Nandini what's wrong?" I asked scrutinizing her.

"Ah nothing! " She shrugged pretending to be nonchalant but I can see way past her disturbed smile and I swear I don't have good feeling about this. Please atleast not tonight. I don't want my plans to be ruined for us.

"Look! if someone tried to..." She interrupted rolling her eyes.

"Come on! you worry a lot. Now please let me enjoy my first ever fashion event." She wrapped her hands around my arm , leaning her head on my shoulder passing me her beautiful smile as if trying to convince that she is fine but for now I will pretend that I am convinced because the models are already rolling on the ramp and I just have to wait for my call. fifteen minutes more!

Soon the next fifteen minutes were over and I smiled checking my watch when the CEO of Dior appeared on the stage receiving applauses with her chic aura even in the age of 52. About time.

"Ladies and Gentlemen thanks for coming all the way to Milan to join us and to celebrate our success I hope you enjoyed our this show tonight. Our designers have been working really hard for this project since two months. We want this event to turn out most successful for many reasons and believe us our profit isn't the one  but a really great idea and imagination of a very bright and young industrialist, who contacted us two months ago for the biggest collaboration in Dior's history. Yes! its been unrevealed until now but now we would love to introduce the face behind the idea so that he can tell you what this collaboration is about. Give a huge round of applause to the brain and soul of the project Dior'X'Rawgirl , Manik Malhotra!"

The blank screen on the stage flashed with the logo of Dior'X'Rawgirl along with a tag line 'What's your super power? I'm a Girl.' and the bursting sound effects until the Ceo finished with her speech smiling in my direction and I heard gasp of surprises around me that I was least bothered about but the sole pair of eyes staring at me. I fixed my tux and got up with the confidence I have with my most calculated expression that always makes my opposition to think twice before messing with me.

"Good evening gentlemen and their women!"I greeted making the people chuckle. "I hope you are having a great time so far. So it's already 11:50 pm here on my watch and I will try to wind it up until 12. Not too much time right?" I asked and heard few 'no not at all.' 'yeah' sure' from audiences.