RECEPTION!

NANDINI POV

''Nandini! '' I was getting ready for my reception party with my new girl friends helping me when grandma called my name entering inside the room with a big box in her hand other elder ladies of the house on her trail.and I frowned.

''Nandini! You are looking so beautiful dear ''grandma other women complimented me while admiring me and I blushed ''My son is lucky

''Nandini! You are looking so beautiful dear ''grandma other women complimented me while admiring me and I blushed ''My son is lucky.''mom whispered in my ears and I blushed harder ''well yes we have here something for you.'' Grandma said with a smile standing beside me by the dressing table and I nodded her to continue since Aliya and Shivanya are doing my makeup. '' Its our ancestors traditional kaleera and Chura '' Dadi stated while keeping the big box on the table and opening it with a big smile and started to explain ''it is passed to the bride by generations to the next. My mother in law received it from her mother in law then she passed it to me and I passed it to Nyonika. So, now according to our tradition its Nyonika will pass it to you.'' She smiled and started to hand all the Chura carefully to me. My breath hitched seeing a pair of beautiful red Chura with pure gold kaleera. ''well! It is a Punjabi tradition to give chura to bride in the morning on her wedding day but the way you and Manik got married it was so unplanned that's why I am fulfilling this ritual today.'' Mom said while sliping Chura in my hand carefully not to hurt me.

I am a south Indian so we don't have tradition of Chura in our custom but I am glad that I got this beautiful opportunity. I admired my hands smiling to myself like an idiot.

''I am scared'' bua spoke in a scared tone her voice was little shaky we snapped our head in her direction in worry. ''why?'' grandma asked ''what if some bad eyes fall on her, look! how beautiful she is looking. We have a precious gem which we have to finally show everyone tonight and I am scared.'' that was it we all burst into laughing at her drama. ''don't worry Manik will save her.'' mom winked teasingly and I blushed looking down bitting my lips.

''Really? But who gonna save her from her him. haan?.'' Mukti teased and they all burst into laugh and I hide my blushing face with the palm of my hand. But the thought crossed my mind that how will Manik react seeing me tonight. Will he be happy and find me beautiful?

 Will he be happy and find me beautiful?