EMOTIONS

NANDINI POV

I don't know for how long I was sitting on couch zooned out in my own thoughts staring the phone box absentmindedly tracing my fingers on it and debating inside to call him or not. When I heard a familiar melodious voice of an elderly woman. I turned with a small smile which of course was fake one.

"Nandini!!"

"Hey mom!! When you came from boutique. Sorry I didn't notice you" I got up with a sheepish face looking down in embarrassment.

I never realized that I was drown in my thoughts more than an hour and the icing on the cake she found me in my night wear in afternoon. She was watching me studiously making me more nervous but then her eyes averted on the phone box behind me.

"Vo!! Manik send it for me. Bu..but I can't take this expen..expensive gift." I stammered still looking down tugging imaginary locks behind my ears.

"Sit!!" She commanded in a straight voice and I obliged.

"Sorry..I was..I know you..you..must be up..upset finding me like this..__" she didn't let me complete cutted me with her question and her question took me of guard.

"What happen between you and Manik?" She asked straight forward. I snapped an instant look at her staring her in surprise.

"Noth..nothing.. EV..every.. Everything.. Is fine..why" I tried to sound convincing but my stuttering betrayed me.

"Come on!! Nandini. You both can't lie at least not to me. Subah uska bhi chehra bht utra sa tha or bina breakfast kie ghr se chala gaya." She stated with a soft voice. I felt more guilty hearing that he left the house without having anything just because of me and i think seeing me lost in my thoughts mom squeezed my hands "and now you. Tell me what's going on between you guys"

Come on!! Why are you doing this to me Manik..its not like it was our love marriage so why all the last night things affected you so much..

I felt my eyes started to stinging with tears but i drunk it back When mom still didn't get any answers and found me more drowning away with a sulking expression. She started to get worried.

"Nandini!!beta I know muje tum dono k beech ki batain jaan ne ka haq nahi h. Of course ye husband wife ka matter hai. But I wanna help you out that's why am asking. Tum dono ki shadi ko sirf teen hi din hue h or itne jaldi tum dono k rishte me dooriya dekhna vo bhi tb jb tum dono abhi ek dusre k kareeb bhi nahi aae ho. This things really making me worried. Please tell me." She pleaded and finally seeing a moral support on my side. I felt like I have my mother here seeing her understanding me not like a mother in law but a mother a tears slipped from my eyes and I burst into sob hugging her but still didn't said anything.

I can sense I made her more worried because she went stiff. But eventually started to caresses my back pouring all the mother love in it.

"Nandini!!kya hua??" She asked pulling me away from the hug and cupped my face looking into my eyes. Panic is written allover her face "did..did..Manik..tried something bad with you...did he forced you..for..__" I quickly cutted her shooking my head frequently.

"No!!please. Vo ese nahi h" I defended him sobbing. "I don't know how to tell you. But he is the most understanding and best husband I can ever get"