Empty without you!!

Nandini POV

Dining table is ready for lunch. Grandma with everyone will come downstairs any moment while I and mom are waiting for them.

Soon we heard several footsteps then they all came into view with a broad smile imaginary communicating with each other. Dad to Manik and Grandma with bua and seeing Manik my breath hitched again in throat and Alya's words again started to ring in my head. I am still confused and haven't got the courage to accept what Aliya said. I think I really need to think about it if what Alya said about my feelings its true.

I was staring at him shamelessly poundering on my thought when he finally looked at me and our eyes met halting me abruptly in my thoughts.

I forget everything around me in that moment and only our eyes were talking. His eyes has some emotion which I am not able to read but I am sure about my eyes that they are silently pleading to forgive me.

Eventually he was the first to look away from me instantly realising that he was giving into me and behaved so casually as if nothing happened which again gave stinging pain in my heart.

"Manik!!" Grandma's sudden stern voice alarmed everyone on dining table when everyone was having lunch in ghost silence and it wasn't awkward but weird for the very first time I noticed.

"Yes Dadi" manik asked obediently.

"Do you forget all your eating manners?" She asked sternly making me and Manik both frown." Is this how I teached you to eat...so ungracefully "she scolded him with her nose scrunched in disgust. I was staring grandma in disbelief thinking how she can say that because Manik always been so graceful and perfect.

" Manik!! I told you what.? I teached you not to fill your spoon too much and never stuffed your mouth full. Take every single loaf to your mouth gently and chew it properly savouring taste of every bite and don't fill your mouth with another until you swallow all in your mouth.I mean its since forever I teached you about eating manners and you forget all. Is this how you eat filling your spoon full not even chewing eat properly and continuously stuffing as if your flight is about to take off any minute."she continue on scolding him and Manik like a small baby with his head downcast with a innocent face listening her.

"Sorry Dadi!!" He apologized and followed what she told him.

Grandma's little speech about eating manners left me speechless and nervous and I started to feed my self consciously thinking about her advice's about eating habits because I really don't want to embarrass myself.

When I asked mom about Grandma she told me that Grandma was a Royal etiquette. She leaves half of her life with Royal families of London , UK and Italy. She is the most famous and demanding etiquette in London. She has born in India but left to London when she was just 17 and Our Grandpa met her during dinner at president house and they fallen in love and get married when She was 27 and grandpa was 29. But after Grandpa's death two year ago she again shifted back to London and started institute there about etiquettes. She goes to attend many royal seminars there so she likes everything with perfection and grace. I was really surprised and impressed with Grandma's life history and career. I always heard about royal etiquette but never knew I will be meeting one and of course the most famous one when Mom told her name. Vinayaka Singh Malhotra.

According to mom on personal level she is a child. She loves attention and care. She always feel happy around those people who gives her proper attention and respect and if someone ignores her she hates that person to death and feels hurt. That is if you are offering even a glass of water to someone so never even dare to to forget to ask Grandma also if she is present there or else she will get hurt. Always make her feel special and never ignore her question and give her first chance to speak of we all are in conversation.