-Chapter 32-

25 votes on the last chapter so here is a new chapter :) And please read the A/N at the end :) Please read on!

_________________________________________________________

-Nathan Blake-

I’d buried my face in my hands when a knock sounded on the door. I cleared my throat and said come in, leaning back in my chair with a sigh. It was Ruby, yet her face looked different without any make up. There wasn’t the usual mascara, eye liner or even the bright red lip stick that defined her lips. She smiled weakly and walked in with faint clatter of her heels.

“Hi, Nathan,” she says and my eyes shoot to the clock. It’s past 5 o’clock meaning Isabelle would be home by now. I smiled back and she sat on the seat opposite me.

“What brings you here?” I try sounding polite but it seemed a little harsh. She cleared her throat and began to speak but my phone rang. I apologised to her and answered it because the called ID said Belle. As soon as my phone was on my ear I smiled.

“Hi, cutie pie” I whisper, swivelling my chair around and facing away from Ruby. “Why’d you call?”

“Because I wanted to call, and never…call me cutie pie” She says cheekily and I could almost see her rolling her eyes, bringing a grin to me face.

“Okay, but is there a reason why you called? I was kind of busy oh and by the way, you are my cutie pie.”

I hear her sigh impatiently. “It’s just that…” She stopped, my smile fading, replacing it with a concerned look.

“What is it?” I prompt.

“I wanted to tell me parents about us…but I wanted you here with me.” She admits and I tilt my head back and exhale loudly.

“Thank god, I thought you were going to tell me something serious there,”

“Nathan!” She snaps and I quickly stop laughing.

“That’s my name,”

She sighs and I apologise, encouraging her to go on. “This is serious. Please can you come?” She asks.

I looked back around at Ruby who was fiddling with her finger nails. I spotted the chipped deep scarlet nail polish when our eyes met, and smile growing on her face from ear to ear.

“I will come in a bit,” I tell her and say my goodbyes, turning back to face Ruby.

“Sorry, what did you want to tell me?” I say and shut my laptop, stacking the papers and stuffing them into my drawer. She shakes her head and stands up.

“Actually, err…it was nothing…sorry for wasting your time. I don’t think you could help me.” She smiles apologetically and turns away. I run after her and spin her around.

“Maybe I can?” I ask and she again shakes her head, her hair falling from side to side.