-Chapter 10-

-Isabelle Quinn-

“If any person objects to this marriage – let them speak or forever their peace.” Read the bald priest out loud.

It was all happening fast while I stood in front of Nathan. He was smiling and he glanced at me a couple of times. Could he see how uncomfortable I was with all this? My eyes wander around to the guests searching for my family, but it hit me and I realised that they weren’t here. I was marrying Nathan and my family didn’t even know. Guilt set in and I had to control the urge to cry out loud. I fumbled with the bouquet in my hand and without noticing; Nathan took my hand and held it in his. His grip was firm and reassuring, he gave me a caring smile and I returned it.

“Do you, Nathaniel James Blake, take Isabelle Marie Quinn to be your lawfully wedded wife?” the priest asked Nathan and without taking his shining blue eyes off mine, he smirked and whispered ‘I do’.

Right, it was my turn. I could easily say ‘I do’ right? Could I still run for it? I looked down at Caroline who gave me an encouraging smile, but I felt anything but encouraged. I was scared out my mind. I snapped out of my reverie when everyone’s gaze was on me.

Was it my turn?

Nathan’s eyes looked at me, confusion crossing them.

“I-I-d-d“ I stuttered and choked on the words that were meant to come out of my mouth. I swallowed and controlled my breathing.

“Isabelle?” he muttered slowly.

“I do” I said finally getting my voice back. I let my shoulders down and exhaled.

“You may kiss the bride.” Announces the priest and there’s murmurs from the crowd.

I see Nathan blush and bite his lip. He cups my face in his hands and leans in, our faces inches away. I was very close to stumbling backwards that I stepped forwards to keep my balance. I wrapped one arm around his waist and we kissed. Our lips touch gently and an electrifying buzz is jolted through me. As soon as our lips made contact, I quickly deepened it. He smelt of fresh strawberries and his smooth, full lips were soft at butter. The taste of the astonishing kiss was overwhelming. It felt so long, but in reality if was about 5 seconds. I pull away and stare at him, just stare, not realising it but daydreaming about the kiss only moments before.

The cheers and claps echo around the whole place, the noise erupted and there were cries of laughter and joy. Nathan put one arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him to get a picture. I smile but it fades quickly and I face him.

“Nathan, why did that man take pictures?” I ask him, as panic jerked through me.

“Don’t worry; it’s for mother to put in her albums. She loves memories. This place has the best security” he grins down at me. “Relax, why are you getting so worked up? No-one will know about this. Let’s go to the next room.” And he pulls me along while I’m closely trailed by Caroline who’s wearing a beaming smile.

***

“Congratulations”