-Chapter 12-

-Nathan Blake-

“Ok, what possessed you to do that?” I chortle as Isabelle drives down the road, Caroline waving her hands in the air and screaming at the top of her voice. I laugh and cherish the moment. Isabelle is grinning and proud of what she did, but I needed answers.

“Belle” I call. The wind rushes past my ear making it hard to hear anything.

“Belle” I yell this time and she faces me, her face lit up and her hair flying wildly in the wind.

“What?” she asks and makes a sharp left. I get jolted back from the force and then back up again.

“Woah, you’re a reckless driver” I exclaim and watch her drive, crazily.

“Exactly the reason why her car is getting repaired. She drove into a lamp post” Caroline butts in and I laugh.

“That was by accident” Isabelle replies defensively and brakes at a red light.

“Yeah, of course it was” answers Caroline, with the obvious sarcasm in her voice.

“Nathan” she calls and I look back at her, her hair messed from the wind.

“What?” I ask and facing her. Her hair messed up and she looked out of breath.

“Aren’t you and Isabelle meant to go on a honeymoon?”

I look at Isabelle quickly and she her cheeks flush scarlet. I can feel mine too, going pink and I nervously cough.

“Yeah, but it’ll have to be a bit late. I have this business idea to sort out with Ruby Daniels and that will take a week.” I respond and see the horrified look on their face as I mentioned Ruby’s name.

“Ruby?” asks Isabelle, her voice sounding slightly alarmed at the news.

“Why her?” Caroline demands, sitting down on the back seat properly.

“It’s just a business deal, a car auction that they hold with other businesses. It’s not a big deal”

“Ohh” says Caroline in a shrill voice. “My dad went to one of them. Ruby’s dad’s car business thingy. He bought a car.”

I throw my hands in the air. “It’s kind of what it’s all about.” I chortle.

“But, do you have to do this?” asks Isabelle, she starts driving more sanely now and looks directly at me. Her eyes still sparkling in the night, lit up by the passing streetlights.

“Just for business. That’s all. It’ll be over soon.” I reassure her, and somehow see her hurt a little. “But after that, we can go anywhere. You choose”

“I get to choose?” she queries sounding quite alarmed at the offer to choose the place for our honeymoon.