-Chapter 17-

I am not happy with this chapter! It's badly written and kind of boring! These are just fillers before we get to the main plot. I want loads of chapters for this story, so we still need to get to the main part of the story :) Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________

“Is that really you?”

I raise my eyebrow at the lady in front of us. However a smile appears on Nathan’s perfect face because he recognised her. He let go of me and stared at this mysterious woman so I just stood there awkwardly.

“Nanny Christie?” Nathan asks her, a little shocked.

“It is” She squeals and they both hug. The lady in front of me was middle aged with dark brown hair, she beamed up at Nathan then me.

“Oh you’ve grown. But I recognised you. How’sAmerica?” She chirps and I’m pretty sure Nathan just wiped some tears from his eyes.

“I’m great. Things are great.” Nathan grins whilst this Nanny Christie puts a hand on his cheek.

“So what brings you back here?” She questions, and then her eyes flitter on me. I feel rather awkward so I only give a weak smile. Nathan turns and takes my hand, pulling me closer to them.

“I’m on my honeymoon.” He chimes, squeezing my hand and suddenly I felt comfortable to meet this stranger. Then the woman smiles at me with a bright gleam in her eye.

“You’re married. Oh wonderful, time flies. I remember when you were just five years old, and now look at you. All grown up and married.” She chirps, excitedly. I outstretch my hand towards her.

“I’m Isabelle” I say politely and she shakes my hand. “Nice to meet you”

“Nice to meet you too, lovely. I’m Christie Smith. I was Nathan’s nanny when he lived here. But that was years ago.” She chuckles. In return I giggle softly.

“What was he like when he was little?” I smile feeling Nathan’s hand in mine tense up then let go.

“Err” cuts in Nathan, looking nervous. “We don’t have to talk about that.”

“Don’t be silly. She’s your wife, she should know. Well he was an angel most of the time, but there were times when he’d be so chaotic. There was this one time when he was four years old, he ran around the garden in his underwear.” She exclaims and clamps her mouth shut to stop the laughing, but I couldn’t contain it so I burst out laughing. I’ll say I guffawed like an idiot but the thought of a four year old Nathan running around in his underwear was amusing. I mouth ‘sorry’ to him but giggle under my breath.

“Nanny Christie” Nathan says very awkwardly.

“Oh I’m sorry. But I’ll always remember that. It was when you had chicken pox.” She goes on. I begin to enjoy Christie’s company. We talk about Nathan as a child, how he had a crush on a girl and spilled juice on her, making her cry. Yup, that’s young love. But it all ended when Thomas said that we had to hurry. I quickly lean in to hug her and she does to same to Nathan.