-Chapter 22-

-Isabelle Quinn-

“Hello,” He smiles at Mr. Riley, who stands up in shock, doing some funny bow and salute. I snigger under my breath.

“Mr. B-Blake? And honour to meet a fine business man” he stutters and Nathan laughs, his cute laugh he does when he's slightly amused.  Mr. Riley grins, his crooked teeth on display. I can't hold back my laugh and choke on low sniggers.

“Please, a fine business man? That was my dad.” He grins and clears his throat, fixing his tie.

“I would like to buy their house,” he state, Mr. Riley’s eye widening and my parents looking at him too in shock. I furrow my eyebrows and stare at Graham but he just winks at me like he's got it all in control.

“That’s our house, you can’t do that! Who are you?” My mom stands up, yelling. I approach her, calming her down. What was Nathan doing here? Was he trying to get me in trouble?

“Sorry, I'm just trying to help,” he smiles kindly at my mom. “How much?” he asks a dumbfounded Mr. Riley.

Mr. Riley was glued to the spot, when finally he fumbled with some papers on his desk. He chuckled to himself, smiling widely at Nathan.

“Well, they’ve paid for two years, now they still have to pay $272,900 for the rest of it, or if they still want to pay monthly, it's $4000 for the outstanding payment,” Riley reads off a piece of paper.

Nathan grins mischieviously. "I'll pay it all," He digs his hands inside his pockets, revealing a long cheque book. I wanted to run and stop him, however my dad did.

“What are you doing?” He growled. Nathan just smiled, writing down the amount and ripping it off for Mr. Riley.

Mr. Riley stares curiously at the cheque but instantly hands the paper work to Nathan who hands it to my dad.

“The house is yours, sir. I’m sorry to barge in like this.” He smile apologetically at my parents.

“I know who you are.” My dad points at him “You’re Franklin Blake’s son. Owner of the Blake Co-operation.”

“That’s right, sir. Shall we?” he gestures to the door. I quickly leave, pushing Graham ahead of me.

***

-Nathan Blake-

“What are you doing here?” Belle whispers, her parents closely behind. But before I could answer, her mom calls my name.

“Er, Mr. Blake?” she says, a slight smile on her lips.

“Nathan,” I correct and she chuckles staring at the floor.

“Nathan,” she says, “we are really grateful for what you did, but that what a huge amount of money and we can’t p-“