-Chapter 16-

-Isabelle Quinn-

My eyes flicker open, and the sunlight seeps through an opening in the curtains. I sit up on my elbows yawning, then stretching. I look to my left and Nathan is fast asleep, giving low snores. I stare at him, slowly breathing, his muscles moving as he inhales and exhales. I bit my lip and grabbed the duvet, covering him. But from my movement his eyes open and he mumbles.

“Morning sleepy head” I smile and tuck my blond hair behind my ears. He sits up and yawns, stretching his long arms.

“What time is it?” he mutters and my eye glimpse at the small clock on the wall.

“10 o’clock” I answer and shoot up out of bed, but my hand is grasped by Nathan and I’m pulled back onto his lap. I yelp when I land on him.

“You still didn’t say” he grumbles, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand. Then his hand moved to my exposed leg and I shuddered. Maybe I shouldn’t wear pyjama shorts? I looked up at him anyway.

“I didn’t say what?” I whisper and his finger traces my lips.

“If you’d forgiven me” He breathes, tears forming in his eyes.

I didn’t know what to say, I just began to stutter and fiddle with my fingers. We kissed and we laughed last night until we grew tired. Not once had the Ruby incident come up. Did I forgive him? His eyes were sorry, and it was really Ruby to blame. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath.

“I do…forgive you” I utter under my breath. Nathan’s face lights up and his hands cup my face then he wraps both arms around me until my body is pressed against his bare chest. I hear his rhythmic heartbeat and close my eyes to the sound.

I push him away and climb off his lap, awkwardly drawing the curtains to let in the sunlight. Unlike yesterday, it wasn’t raining. It was cold air but the sun was present. I clicked the window open and air rushed in and past my hair.

“We better get changed. We’re going out tonight” He yawns again and pulls the covers off himself, disappearing in the bathroom.

***

We had room service send up our breakfast, so we ate up in our room. It was oddly silent and I didn’t like it like that. I left Thomas and Nathan to put on my clothes to go out. A short cream dress with a light blue cardigan. I brushed my wild hair and put it back in a messy ponytail. I wasn’t the makeup type but dabbed on my mascara, some blusher and clear lip gloss. Thoroughly checking myself to see if I looked okay for Nathan.

“Belle? You ready?” Nathan calls and I sigh. Fixing my hair for the last time and I reply. “Yeah.”

***

-Nathan Blake-