-Chapter 18-

-Isabelle Quinn-

I threw the contents of the bag over the bed. Thomas has done a little shopping to seem like I bought souvenirs from France. I grinned at the items and thanked Thomas.

“This is crazy! Berets? French Flags? in London?” I ask in astonishment.

“Don’t be too surprised, Miss. These flags were made in China.” Thomas answers, twirling a flag in his hands.

“Well, this’ll do.” I say, stuffing them into my bag, ready to leave and head back to America tonight.

“Belle, you ready?” Nathan appears from the bathroom, fixing his cufflink on his right arm. I looked up at him, his blue eyes shining.

“For what?”

“We’re going out.” He beams, taking my hand and pulling me up from the bed.

“Sir, what about me?” Thomas stands up awkwardly, fixing his grey tie.

“Er, go out, Have fun.” Nathan instructs, swinging his leather jacket on.

“What about you, sir? I’m here as protection.” He answers back, his lips trembling. However Nathan chuckles and opens our room door.

“I’m a big man, Thomas. I can look after myself.”

“And what about Miss.Isabelle?” he asks. Nathan’s eyes look at me for a split second then back at a nervous Thomas.

“She’s got me. Tom, relax and enjoy London. Don’t you have family to visit?” Nathan questions and I glimpse at Thomas who nodded. Again another person who I never stopped to ask about where they were from. Thomas was clearly British; did he leave his family behind to be a body guard? I snapped back to reality when Nathan dragged me from the room. He pressed the ground floor on the elevator, after a journey that seemed to spread a lifetime in the silence, it thudded to a stop, shaking the whole lift. I quickly ran out, tripping in my heels and falling on Nathan. There was this small jolt in my ankle. I winced when I landed on my foot, but the pain subsided a little.

“Whoa” he exclaims and holds me by my elbow. I stood upright, brushing off the imaginary dust on my dress. Before he could even I ask, I assure him that I’m fine, trotting to his car like nothing happened. I sat quietly in the passenger seat beside Nathan. It gave me enough time to sight see. We drove past Big Ben while the clock chimed. It burst my eardrums but I helplessly smiled. I saw Nathan’s amused expression while I squealed, his blue eyes trailed down my body, making me shift uncomfortably. Was he really checking me out? What a jerk! I pulled my dress down, feeling nervous.

“You okay? You look a little…shaken up.” He assumes and I laugh.

“I’m fine…maybe next time, you better you keep you eyes on the road ahead instead of me” I chuckled lightly. Surprisingly he does the same.

“Sorry if it seemed liked that, but I looked down at your feet. You ankle looks swollen.” He points down to my foot that pained me earlier. I glanced down at it and saw a huge lump. I gasped at the sight and caressed it. It wasn’t as painful as it looks, so I thought it was ok.