-Chapter 27-

This one's a long one!!! Please read the Author's Note at the end. And if you listen to the song at the side, it kinda goes with this chapter, well at the later part in the chapter :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

-Nathan Blake-

I laughed when my mum held my hand, slowly guiding me out to the front of the house. She told me to close my eyes but I squinted, trying to catch a glimpse of the present.

“Open them,” she whispers into my ear. I opened my eyes, helplessly grinning when I see Jackson, driving at a slow speed around the fountain in a brand new (with a large ribbon on the front) BMW M3 Convertible. It was black and very sleek. I sighed and laughed, hugging my mum.

“Thank you, you know me too well,” I chuckle, releasing her form the hug and gently kissing her forehead.

“Of course I know my own son.” She smiles. I walk down the porch steps, pulling Jackson into a one arm hug and taking the car keys off him. I examined it, tearing the ribbon off the front. I climbed into the soft, new squeaky leather seats. I fit in perfectly, the steering wheel at the right distance. I smiled at myself; I’d always gotten cars on my birthday, along with paid trips to other countries with Jackson. It was all nice and lovely of them to do so, but it was money, just money.

I jumped out, grinning then looking down at my watch. It was nearly five and I was expecting Belle to be here with Caroline already.

“They’re here,” Thomas informs, talking into his microphone making the wrought iron gates swing open. A small silver car drove around the fountain just close to the BMW. Belle stumbled out, her face red and her hair a mess, I smile at her when she begins apologising. I simply tell her to shut up and she falls silent, lips pouting before her gaze falls on the brand new car.

“Birthday gift?” She points at it and I nod. “How the hell am I meant to top that?” She groans.

“You don’t have to; I’ve always gotten cars on my birthday.” I shrug, brushing my hair back. Her eyes look at me, her blue ones piercing into me, not in a bad way, but somewhat loving. It’s confirmed when she smiles, flinging her arms around me in a hug then letting go.

“Happy Birthday,” she breathes, pecking a quick kiss on my cheek. I thank her, my mother eyes on us with a suspicious but satisfied look. She walks back in with Thomas and Alison closely behind.

“Yo’” shoutsJacksonwhen he spots Graham in the car. “It’s a boy,”

Graham ambles out, hands in his jean pockets and raising an eye brow at Jackson. He gave a derisive snort at him.

“I was the last time I checked,” says Graham casually.

“He’s the reason I was late. I’m meant to baby-sit him, so me and Caroline went to get him but we can’t leave him at home since we planned to go out so we’re stu-“

I hold her soft hand, caressing it with my thumb. It thankfully shut her up but I laughed.